Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Phx PD has me CONFUSED!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Today DD and I got in a "paint rub" accident. I've NEVER in my life been in an accident so I was naturally a bit shaken and didn't know what to do. So I called the cops for an accident report. Let me set up the scenario for you:

Me and DD heading Northbound on an access road, the street to the left of me is called Adams, and it's also a one way. For some reason I glance to my left(mind you I'm already driving north it's a green light for me) and I see this little convertible, and it totally hits the back end of my Uplander. We pulled over and I called the PD. She comes over(the sweetest little old lady!) and says sorry she didn't notice it was a one way she wanted to jump on the free way and just didn't see it was a one way. I explain to her ok but I would like an accident report just to be safe, she than says ok, but you barley have any damage my head lights smashed in.

ANYWAY ok so here's where I'm confused by Phx PD..A highway patrol came first and said "I see some paint marks but that's all I see" I say "ok but I'd like a report please" he talks to the little old lady she admits it's her fault going down the one way yada yada yada. HP comes to me asks me what happend and he shows me this drawing of the lanes and asks where she came from yada yada I tell him what she said, and he says " this isn't my area, I'll call phx PD" and takes off.

Phx PD comes, say's it isn't bad, and next time just exchange info and handle it ourselves basically, and that he will exchange insurance information for us. **HERE IS THE WEIRD PART** He hands us I think an accident report all filled out with our insurance information, and says let me guess, You(points at me) hit her..I say "No" he Say's ok "you(little old lady) hit her(me) coming off the ramp" she said "no" I said "She was coming down the one way street, and when she realized it was a one way she tried to sweep over to jump on the freeway" The old lady say's "yes I didn't know yada yada" Officer says If we have the same story the insurance will go smoothly if we don't than it'll be messy, but that b/c she has admitted it here and she doesn't seem like the type that would lie he doesn't think it'll be bad. and he directs us on calling each others insurance and good luck... ***SHE GOT NO KIND OF TICKET WHAT SO EVER*** I'm so puzzled, I live on a one way street and I see cops sitting and waiting for people to turn down it just to issue a ticket, and here not only did someone go down a one way she admitted to causing an accident...and NOTHING..I'm so puzzled. I'm thankful that it wasn't a bad accident and no one was hurt, Had it been a BUSY day like on a weekday (it's always packed with people jumping off and on the free way, and crowded from people getting off of work) the situation would have been worse we could have gotten hit on all sides, so I'm very blessed and thankful that it was so minor.

I'm posting this because 1) I want to and (2) I'm so puzzled as to why no ticket was issued! ****RANT OVER**** Thanks for reading =)

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:21 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Quoting opal10161973:

It is possible you are reading too far into it.  IDK how things work out there.  They aren't the same here in FL.  Older people have caused accidents and killed people, so they may take it more seriously.  I have not been in an accident of your type before or in PHX, so...?

Yea, I probably am, I'm just jittery by the whole experience. I'm sure tomorrow it won't be a "BIG" as I'm making it now.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:01 AM
This, exactly. You are carrying things WAAAAY too far.

Quoting FL2AK:

It was a minor accident with very little damage. She admitted fault and you exchanged insurance info, there is no reason to ticket her. Things like that are at the discretion of the officer.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Actually, Phoenix doesn't suck. You just have issues.

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Phx sucks, nuff said.

Sorry that sucks.
3lilmonsters88
by Carolina Sky on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:02 AM
I was rear ended and it caused way more damage than just a paint rub and the driver didn't get ticketed. It happens just file insurance information and be done with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teenmomto2
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:02 AM
Maybe it was the officers mom, aunt, or grandma o.O
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:04 AM
What in the actual fuck?? Your race doesn't have anything to do with it. Holy hell.

Quoting Anonymous:

B/c he already had assumed it was my fault, I'm gonna throw this out there. I really think had it been the other way around, and although I have Italian in me I have more Mexican, I would have def. gotten two tickets, one for the one way and second for the accident. IDK, maybe I'm reading to far into it .

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this
You need to come to Mesa! (:

Quoting mstkn.identity:

Phx sucks, nuff said.

Sorry that sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:07 AM

eh maybe. I'm pretty naive when it comes to accidents. I just see two wrong with the situation, the one way+ an accident (small or not) and no ticket. I just don't see how there wasn't one issued at all. BUT than again I didn't study the books and am not an officer. I also didn't know that such little things are something you can handle without a report ha-ha, guess I learned something out of it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

This, exactly. You are carrying things WAAAAY too far.

Quoting FL2AK:

It was a minor accident with very little damage. She admitted fault and you exchanged insurance info, there is no reason to ticket her. Things like that are at the discretion of the officer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Quoting teenmomto2:

This no joke, made me LOL 

teenmomto2
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:10 AM
Well I'm from a small southern town so it's common here lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting teenmomto2:

This no joke, made me LOL 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)