Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't keep up with this if you keep deleting posts :-( 

I think I'm going to bed now, but I feel like I'll miss something if I do. You ladies have a great night. And play nice! We need to welcome our new friends with open arms. 

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:45 AM
Replies (81-84):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:34 AM

You are very welcome...

Quoting moosesmom:

Thank you!!!!!

Quoting Sassy762:

This one is especially good. You can also substitute the any other vegetable if you don't like the fennel

Perfect Roast Chicken

Picture of Perfect Roast Chicken Recipe

Total Time:
2 hr 10 min
Prep
20 min
Inactive
20 min
Cook
1 hr 30 min
Yield:
8 servings
Level:
Intermediate

Ingredients

• 1 (5 to 6 pound) roasting chicken
  • Kosher salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 large bunch fresh thyme, plus 20 sprigs
  • 1 lemon, halved
  • 1 head garlic, cut in half crosswise
  • 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, melted
  • 1 large yellow onion, thickly sliced
  • 4 carrots cut into 2-inch chunks
  • 1 bulb of fennel, tops removed, and cut into wedges
  • Olive oil

Directions

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

Remove the chicken giblets. Rinse the chicken inside and out. Remove any excess fat and leftover pin feathers and pat the outside dry. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken. Stuff the cavity with the bunch of thyme, both halves of lemon, and all the garlic. Brush the outside of the chicken with the butter and sprinkle again with salt and pepper. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken. Place the onions, carrots, and fennel in a roasting pan. Toss with salt, pepper, 20 sprigs of thyme, and olive oil. Spread around the bottom of the roasting pan and place the chicken on top.

Roast the chicken for 1 1/2 hours, or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh. Remove the chicken and vegetables to a platter and cover with aluminum foil for about 20 minutes. Slice the chicken onto a platter and serve it with the vegetables.

Quoting moosesmom:

baked please. 

Quoting Sassy762:

What type..baked, fried, sauteed

Quoting moosesmom:

Sassy! Off topic. Find me a chicken recipe for dinner tomorrow night.

Quoting Sassy762:

She has a couple other posts in here recently but this is her 3rd or 4th post today with pics and she keeps deleting them, lol I think the 1st one is still floating around

Quoting .gumdrop.:

Yeah and she did this picture thing not long ago... I remember her.

Quoting Sassy762:

SHE is NOT new, lol She has been here since 2009.....PFFTT

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:37 AM

I just sneezed and farted at the same time. I couldnt help it and I woke up my dog who farted back on me. :(

squeakersmama
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Totally random, but I love your sn! We call my oldest dd "Moosey" she got that nickname the day her sister was born because she looked like such a moose compared to the baby :) Now her baby sister (they are 10 months apart) is bigger than her lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol. Thank you. I don't know where I got Moose from. She's known as "Bean" to everyone else.

Quoting squeakersmama:

Totally random, but I love your sn! We call my oldest dd "Moosey" she got that nickname the day her sister was born because she looked like such a moose compared to the baby :) Now her baby sister (they are 10 months apart) is bigger than her lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN