Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't keep up with this if you keep deleting posts :-( 

I think I'm going to bed now, but I feel like I'll miss something if I do. You ladies have a great night. And play nice! We need to welcome our new friends with open arms. 

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:45 AM
Replies (61-70):
thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Im sick. It started a few days ago.

First i thought it was allergies cause it started the day it started getting cool out. Then the congestion started, the sneezing and sore throat (I NEVER get this, even with allergies, I just get hives) and I just cant breathe. My sinuses have swollen shut.

I had dinner at about 930 central time and at about 1230 i took a sip of lemonade and I cant taste AT ALL. Sprayed some febreze on the couch and put my nose ON the wet spot.. cant smell it.

Now my  neck hurts and is stiff and I'm starting to get an aura with a slight headache.

I've had a fever for a few days (99+, I'm immune compromised, so for me this is a bad number) and now I'm freaking out mentally trying to convince myself not to be a hypochondriac.

I had a sterodial epidural shot in my back a few weeks ago in Nashville at St Thomas/Baptist which is where they discovered the fungal infection thats killed 2 people linked to the outbreak.

I know its probably just a sinus infection but its still scary :(

I have an ice pack on my face and it helps until I take it off but Im afraid Ill damage my skin before the throbbing stops :(

Quoting moosesmom:

Huh? What's wrong???

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Bananarama.

I couldnt think of anything else. All i can think about is that i can feel my heartbeat in my face :(

Quoting 2love:

Lol so in all fairness does it say banana rat squirrel? Because you lost me between r and squirrel

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Sorry :( I had nothing else to say so I figured Id post that lol

Quoting 2love:

Now see you went outside my phone screen with all them letter lol

Quoting thefiregoddess:

50555555555555555555555555BANANARAMA!

SQUIRRELLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:08 AM
Go to the hospital hun. Now.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

First i thought it was allergies cause it started the day it started getting cool out. Then the congestion started, the sneezing and sore throat (I NEVER get this, even with allergies, I just get hives) and I just cant breathe. My sinuses have swollen shut.

I had dinner at about 930 central time and at about 1230 i took a sip of lemonade and I cant taste AT ALL. Sprayed some febreze on the couch and put my nose ON the wet spot.. cant smell it.

Now my  neck hurts and is stiff and I'm starting to get an aura with a slight headache.

I've had a fever for a few days (99+, I'm immune compromised, so for me this is a bad number) and now I'm freaking out mentally trying to convince myself not to be a hypochondriac.

I had a sterodial epidural shot in my back a few weeks ago in Nashville at St Thomas/Baptist which is where they discovered the fungal infection thats killed 2 people linked to the outbreak.

I have an ice pack on my face and it helps until I take it off but Im afraid Ill damage my skin before the throbbing stops :(

Quoting moosesmom:

Huh? What's wrong???

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Bananarama.

I couldnt think of anything else. All i can think about is that i can feel my heartbeat in my face :(

Quoting 2love:

Lol so in all fairness does it say banana rat squirrel? Because you lost me between r and squirrel

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Quoting 2love:

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:10 AM

All jokes aside you need to go to the ER like now. I'm one to tough things out but I think what you're describing is serious...the stiff neck, fever, and headache doesn't sound good at all. GO NOW!!!! 

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Quoting moosesmom:

Huh? What's wrong???

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Bananarama.

Quoting 2love:

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Quoting 2love:

Quoting thefiregoddess:

thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:12 AM

:(

My brake line actually  blew earlier and my car is at the shop and the SO is deployed.

My friend is coming down from KY but it an 1 1/2 hour drive :(

I hate the hospital they think I'm a hypochondriac too. Its really upsetting, it like youre here for tabs (vicodin) right? No.. I'm actually allergic to them. I dont want pain medicine just please make sure I'm ok, thanks, you know?

Quoting CrimsonRadiance:

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Quoting moosesmom:

Huh? What's wrong???

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Bananarama.

Quoting 2love:

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Quoting 2love:

Quoting thefiregoddess:

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:13 AM

I'm NOT A DOCTOR. I'm not claiming to know anything. But as soon as you mentioned the stiff neck I thought of meningitis...please go in. It won't hurt to get it checked out.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Quoting moosesmom:

Huh? What's wrong???

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Bananarama.

Quoting 2love:

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Quoting 2love:

Quoting thefiregoddess:

CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:15 AM
If you tell them about getting the epidural, and your symptoms I am sure they will take you seriously.

Rather safe then sorry *hugs*

Quoting thefiregoddess:

My brake line actually  blew earlier and my car is at the shop and the SO is deployed.

I hate the hospital they think I'm a hypochondriac too. Its really upsetting, it like youre here for tabs (vicodin) right? No.. I'm actually allergic to them. I dont want pain medicine just please make sure I'm ok, thanks, you know?

Quoting CrimsonRadiance:

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Quoting moosesmom:

Huh? What's wrong???

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Bananarama.

Quoting 2love:

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Quoting 2love:

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:18 AM

I'm waiting on a ride. My brake line ruptured again yesterday (ok this time its the back LEFT, i repaired the back right two weeks ago) and someones coming to get me.

What kind of baffles me is that as a trained medical professional, I know better, but I get paranoid about them thinking I'm a drug seeker.

ANyways, the baffling part is the fever has actually gone DOWN since the no smell/taste thing started. I had my first cold EVER back in february and I lost my smell/taste then too and it happened right as I gained the ability to breathe through my nose again, but I didnt have a fever or anything else.

I mean I feel like I'm paranoid and living up to CDC hype. Like what am i supposed to say to a bunch of nurses/drs that already think I'm a narc seeker? 'Hi I have cold symptoms plus a stiff neck (and spinal deformity thats visible) but I had a possibly tainted epidural shot a few weeks ago and I'd like you to check me out'?

I get where they come from, but at the same time, I feel like pure and utter POOP. My PCP is on maternity leave, she has a PA covering for her and the on call has NO clue about all of my medical problems, so he would just tell me to go to the ER anyways.

I just HATE going, cause they treat me like crap. Last time I went they told me they thought I had munchausens and liked the attention and did this to myself!

Quoting moosesmom:

All jokes aside you need to go to the ER like now. I'm one to tough things out but I think what you're describing is serious...the stiff neck, fever, and headache doesn't sound good at all. GO NOW!!!! 

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Quoting moosesmom:

Huh? What's wrong???

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Bananarama.

Quoting 2love:

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Quoting 2love:

Quoting thefiregoddess:

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:18 AM

Can you ask a neighbor? Call a cab? Heck, I'll come get you!!! Just find a way to get there.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Quoting CrimsonRadiance:

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Quoting moosesmom:

Huh? What's wrong???

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Bananarama.

Quoting 2love:

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Quoting 2love:

Quoting thefiregoddess:

.gumdrop.
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:20 AM
Yeah and she did this picture thing not long ago... I remember her.

Quoting Sassy762:

SHE is NOT new, lol She has been here since 2009.....PFFTT

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thefiregoddess
by Optimus Prime on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Thank you!

I need a hug :(

I hope they are as nice as you are! This particular hospital is ranked worst in the state and is well known for the douchebags they employ!

Quoting CrimsonRadiance:

If you tell them about getting the epidural, and your symptoms I am sure they will take you seriously.

Rather safe then sorry *hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured