Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's stupid to renew marriage vows

Juuuuust kidding!

When is an acceptable amount of time to wait after your first wedding for someone to renew their weddings vows? 5 years? 10, 20 years?

Eta: what about if they went to the court house to get married the first time?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Replies (101-110):
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
For us, it was important to reaffirm our vows to each other. We had some big issues that we had worked through. We had a traditional wedding the first time and a simple renewal on the beach with our kids and best friends. No party afterwards.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with this, it is a stupid excuse for a party. You either meant it the first time or you didnt.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it is stupid. I think it is just a reason for women to say "look at me" and drag their poor pathetic husbands through a second wedding. Marriage vows do not expire. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:59 PM
I wanted to do it at 5 yrs because we just had a court house wedding but that is sneaking up on me quickly so I think I'll do it at 10 yrs. may will be 4 yrs and I think I want more planning time lol
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:02 PM
We're renewing on our 10 year anniversary :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Some of you sound pissy and pathetic.
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Maybe because they are not happy.

Quoting JacksMom1221:

Wow, the angry responses are a little disheartening. Any time to celebrate, to rejoice in love, to laugh and have a good time, always good reasons. Why be angry that you're invited to a gathering, free food, drinks, dancing, music, fun?! Just because a woman wants to wear a beautiful expensive gown again?! Smh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heythereelizah
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:26 PM
I want to do 5 years. We didn't have a real wedding. Didn't even tell our families.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AerickMomi_MrsD
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Some people do it a year some 2 some 10 some 20 it just depends on you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:48 PM

We got married at the courthouse and would someday like to renew our vows and have some kind of wedding.   (the money just wasn't there to do it before)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:50 PM

we are doing it at 10 years...if I still like him then....we are trying to work on our marriage now...its getting better!   it'll be 9 years  a week from thursday!

Mweddle
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:52 PM

If I renewed my vows I'd probably take a couple friends  to the beach and do it there. It would be a nice way to recommit to each other plus we could have tons of fun at the beach!  Our 10 year is coming up so I don't think we will do that for that anniversary.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)