Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's stupid to renew marriage vows

Juuuuust kidding!

When is an acceptable amount of time to wait after your first wedding for someone to renew their weddings vows? 5 years? 10, 20 years?

Eta: what about if they went to the court house to get married the first time?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Replies (111-120):
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Year 8 was definitely our hardest, so far.

Quoting Anonymous:

we are doing it at 10 years...if I still like him then....we are trying to work on our marriage now...its getting better!   it'll be 9 years  a week from thursday!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yellowlily333
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:59 PM

it is totally up to the couple. We renewed at 5 years and plan to do it again when we hit 10

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:01 PM

I want to do it, every ten years, and I hope that in eight years I still fit my wedding dress! lol I mainly want to use it as an excuse to wear my dress again! and remind my husband how much he means to me, even if he is an ass sometimes!

fostermomoftwo
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting lapcounter:

Ya i was just telling my dh..you know which women are happily married and which ones arent! Lmao

lucky to have the best husband in the world

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:30 PM

If you were married JP, doing a marriage blessing in the church on the first anniversary, or any time after is perfectly fine.  

zoenlandonsmom
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:55 PM

We are planning our vow renewal right now. We eloped and family wasnt there so we want to have a nice renewal with family and friends.  It will be for our 10 yr anniversary

zoenlandonsmom
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Was my husbands idea :) we have been through so much in ten years and in our marriage that its only gotten stronger.  We were married in a court house and now want to renew our vows in the eyes of god in a church with our families there I see nothing wrong with it and my husband is not pathetic 

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it is stupid. I think it is just a reason for women to say "look at me" and drag their poor pathetic husbands through a second wedding. Marriage vows do not expire. 

brittany208
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I've always said i would not reny my vows because the original ones didn't come with an expiration date. i made them for life.

i could see if a couple went through a really rough patch, someone cheated or whatever, and they reconciled, then it would be appropriate.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:00 PM

We did it at three years, because my husband was still sad that we did not have a 'real' wedding.  He got his fancy party, I got him off my back about wanting to have a fancy party. win win.

jesistar6910
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:02 PM

My Grandparents did it at 25 years. They had a full out remarriage ceremony with a church service, bride's maids, I was their flower girl. The works.

They were originally married in a courthouse 47 years ago.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)