Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's stupid to renew marriage vows

Juuuuust kidding!

When is an acceptable amount of time to wait after your first wedding for someone to renew their weddings vows? 5 years? 10, 20 years?

Eta: what about if they went to the court house to get married the first time?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Replies (131-140):
Marja2011
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Our wedding ended up with such drama, I was pregnant and half of everything went to shit because of family issues or acts of god. Basically, we want what we originally wanted to do on our tenth anniversary. This time there will be dancing and hot food.
Louisianamom88
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Dh and I want to do something for our 10 yr anniversary. That is 5 years from now. But we aren't going to do a big wedding or anything like that. It'll be private, just the two of us :) We had a great wedding :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bird16_J
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I'm not sure. I know we plan on doing it at some point and going to Hawaii so we can be with the hubby's family since they weren't able to come out to CO when we first got married. I look forward to it at some point

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Then its even more "look at me".  I didn't get a princess day or a big poofy dress because of whatever reason but I feel left out and like I missed out on something so I'm going to do it now.

Quoting asmalltowngirl:

What about if they didn't have a wedding the first time they got married?

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it is stupid. I think it is just a reason for women to say "look at me" and drag their poor pathetic husbands through a second wedding. Marriage vows do not expire. 

SlightlyPerfect
by Babushka Blockparty on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:49 PM

When they have enough money to throw a big party...

slightlyperfect

babygirl4326
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Wow, it's the other way around in this house, my husband wants to but I don't know if I do.
Quoting Anonymous:

I think it is stupid. I think it is just a reason for women to say "look at me" and drag their poor pathetic husbands through a second wedding. Marriage vows do not expire. 

marinenonstop
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:53 PM
I have seen at the ten yr mark, 25, and if they make it together 50 yr mark. My parents neighbors have been married 62 yrs and have renewed their vows 4 times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallnangel3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:53 PM
We're planning on 15 yrs since 10 already came and went lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommadarcy4
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:19 PM

We are doing it next year. We have been together 18 years.

LiliM
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:20 PM

We did ours at 10 years.  Since we eloped, and NO one had any idea we were thinking of getting married, we did a nice ceremony at 10 years for the family to attend.  It was lovely.  All the family was thrilled that they were able to see it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)