Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's stupid to renew marriage vows

Juuuuust kidding!

When is an acceptable amount of time to wait after your first wedding for someone to renew their weddings vows? 5 years? 10, 20 years?

Eta: what about if they went to the court house to get married the first time?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Replies (211-217):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:05 PM
But you still won't have wedding pictures if you do a renewal. You will have wedding re-enactment pictures because you're sad you didn't have a princess day. If you are married you had a wedding. Really will a day to play dress up make you more married?

Quoting AleaKat:

I'm thinking 10

We have been married 7 years and I'm so sad to see everyone's wonderful wedding pictures when I have none.

AleaKat
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:07 PM
No it wont

Quoting Anonymous:

But you still won't have wedding pictures if you do a renewal. You will have wedding re-enactment pictures because you're sad you didn't have a princess day. If you are married you had a wedding. Really will a day to play dress up make you more married?

Quoting AleaKat:

I'm thinking 10

We have been married 7 years and I'm so sad to see everyone's wonderful wedding pictures when I have none.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyMommy24
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:08 PM

If they went to the courthouse I'd definitely say 5 years! You can always renew as many times and you want to celebrate it. :) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 40 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:09 PM
I'm going to the court house, and we are renewing less than a year later with a full ceremony.
PeregrineWaltz
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:32 PM
My roommate in college had a vow renewal one year after her marriage. Her husband is in the air force and they decided to go to the court house before he shipped out and the wedding ceremony when he returned. It helped her to keep the loneliness at bay.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 41 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:33 PM
I think its stupid
Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:37 PM

So what will it do?  Give you dress up pictures that you can pretend were the real thing?

Quoting AleaKat:

No it wont

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AleaKat:

I'm thinking 10

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)