Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can I sue?!

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:25 AM
  • 33 Replies
My cousins have let their kids practically destroy my child's stuff. They have destroyed smaller things but those items my daughter rarely played with. My child has a horse that she gets on and she can bounce on it and rock back and forth. They cracked it! My 2 year old has resorted to violence to keep them off her rocking horse. She had an old tricycle that type if you got it cleaned up would sell for a lot of money they broke it. I'm so sick of it. Can I sue their mom to get her stuff replaced or let it go? Before you ask everything was in good condition and nothing was messed up before they came.

I stay with my grandmother she is here too. She has her own place but refuses to stay there. I cant take living her anymore so the first chance i get im leaving. the rocking horse stays on the porch in the corner. I have no say so on who can come here and who can't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bee86lpn
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Why don't you just ask her and then not let her kids play at your house anymore? Why are people so sue happy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:29 AM
2 moms liked this
Sure you can sue, but I highly doubt you would win! And if I were your judge I would seriously laugh in your face for trying to sue over something so childish that could have bees solved by just being and adult ad talking about it!
mommajenn4684
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:29 AM
2 moms liked this
Id ask her to pay to replace it. Tell her to control her kids or they cant come over anymore. If you cant respect my property you cant be on my property. Simple as that!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Let that go. People sue for stupid shit now. It's ridiculous.
tth328
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Chuck it off to lesson learn. Don't allow her kids to come over and if they do tell the mom she need to be responsible for the things they break.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:31 AM
:/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaykaymomi10
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:32 AM
It's not stupid it's the fact that they have been told multiple times by my grandmother and I to stay off of her stuff.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MooreMom523
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Why don't you keep these people out of your house?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadolce
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:34 AM
well no i dont think you.d win and why didnt you put these items away so that they didnt ruin it ? OR even better idea why didnt You supervise them @ play.. Not bashing ya im just asking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:35 AM
It's a toy. Ask her to pay for it. Debating on suing someone because their kids broke a toy is stupid, imo. I'm just being honest.

Quoting kaykaymomi10:

It's not stupid it's the fact that they have been told multiple times by my grandmother and I to stay off of her stuff.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)