Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

dh is thinking of cancelling netflix

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He said that something has changed with it. When he's home we watch cable or hulu ..I don't think its a bad idea..I rarely watch it anymore either and I haven't returned our DVD in weeks for a new one.

It kind of makes me sad. Like we are parting with a friend. Lmao we've had it for years..like before instant was even thought of.

Oh well.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Replies (41-50):
zebbyzebby06
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Is hulu free?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Amazon also has instant videos
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkieRed
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I have Uverse and Netflix (instant, not the DVD service). We use the Netflix more than the Uverse.

Netflix has a lot of old Nickelodeon cartoons that my kids like, and old TV shows that my husband likes. They also have a lot of good documentary series. My 9 year old son and I watched the entire series of a documentary called "The Universe" (about 40 episodes), on Netflix. It was excellent.

My teenage daughter likes to watch movies on Netflix at home with her Ipod (she uses Wifi from the Uverse service). She also watches movies from Netflix on the computer, since we only have one family TV. I think Netflix is well worth what we pay for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Tonight I'm gonna find that shit on my Wii!
I soooooo want to watch 'American horror story' on Hulu!

Quoting amanda_mom89:

They have the wii listed as one of their supported devices.

Quoting Anonymous:

We don't have an Xbox. Does it work through Wii?

Quoting amanda_mom89:

DH and I use Hulu plus through the Xbox and watch it on our tv

Quoting Anonymous:

Can you watch Hulu on the TV? I have been thinking about getting rid of Netflix but I watch a lot of instant and don't want to watch it on the computer. Also, does it have a lot of the newer shows, like Big Bang Theory?

Quoting amanda_mom89:

DH and I had Netflix but got frustrated with it and switched to Hulu plus. Haven't looked back :)

Leobaby2007
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I have Netflix. Why don't I know about Hulu Plus? I will have to investigate!!!

HeathersForever
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Sure do!!! If you are a student, or anyone in the family is you get first year half price if not its 79 for the full year in advance after a month free trial. They have tons of stuff free, and tons and tons of movies and shows to rent or buy at amazingly cheap prices. But if you are a college student like I said sign up with your student email but tell them you want the videos otherwise they will give you a six month free trial of amazon prime which is no free videos just free 2 day shipping.

Quoting Anonymous:

Amazon rents movies out?!

Quoting svolkov:

I prefer amazon prime, get free 2 days shipping, discounts on kindle, free book rentals, and everything netflix has(instant) plus u can rent brand new releases
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

My 4 year old would be crushed if I got rid of netflix. He watches it on his phone when we go for long rides or get stuck sitting somewhere.

raye-chan
by Raye on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:36 PM
How well is the hulu plus compared to Netflix?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:36 PM
How about FX show's I really want to watch 'American horror story'.

Quoting lanismommy2010:

Warning about Hulu. If you like shows on I think NBC; NCIS, NCIS LA, Criminal Minds etc. you don't get them on Hulu. That's one of the few reason we kept basic cable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:38 PM
I'm sooooo telling my SO! Tyvm!

Quoting svolkov:

Yep usually 1.99 or 2.99 for 48 hrs for brand new movies :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Amazon rents movies out?!

Quoting svolkov:

I prefer amazon prime, get free 2 days shipping, discounts on kindle, free book rentals, and everything netflix has(instant) plus u can rent brand new releases

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN