Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It was YOUR decision. So no CS!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
You find out you're pregnant. Talk it over with your SO and he explains that he doesn't want a baby right now. You don't care and decide to keep it. Do you feel that he should still be obligated to pay CS even though it was YOUR final decision to go through with it?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Replies (51-60):
ashellbell
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Nope.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
one_on_the_way
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

She can have an abortion if she doesn't want any kids, but gets pregnant.  

He can't.

Is this NOT KNOWN to men before they have sex?  Is this some sacred information they only find out about until after they knock a girl up?  

No - they know this.  Men have a choice.  They have a choice to have sex with a girl, or not.

Quoting militarywife09:

Well then so should she.

Quoting Beth3721:

Yes.  It takes two to make a baby.  He should just keep it in his pants if he doesn't want any kids.

Momof5kids84
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:27 PM
2 moms liked this
So, let me get this straight. A man is never allowed to make a mistake, and women never lie about BC. This is such a double standard.

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Yes.  Men know that their choice on the matter ends with choosing to have sex with a woman.  If she gets pregnant, he has no choice about whether the woman continues the pregnancy or aborts it.  If she gets pregnant and decides to have the baby, he is financially obligated to support his baby.  No argument - at all.  Why?  Because men KNOW THIS when they decide to put their penis inside a woman's vagina.  It isn't some secret or something.  That is why men who do not want to have a baby right now should only have sex with women they know will have an abortion or give the baby up for adoption if she gets pregnant.  If he doesn't know what she'd do if she gets pregnant, he should ask her before having sex with her.  Far out concept, huh?

Oh yeah...and it sucks and is so unfair to be a guy, and stuff.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love060708kids
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL it's all good, I missed it also.  Then I re-read it.  OP is changing it though.

Quoting BekkieBoodle:

Oh! Got it. I even re read the post and missed that one. Oops ..... My bad.

Quoting Love060708kids:

Not in the first sentence of the post....honestly.

Quoting BekkieBoodle:

you're, as in you are? Nope. She used the correct your in this...... You're the one that's wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

Kaya529
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:28 PM
When he has to deal with the consequences of an abortion/adoption that he can have more say. So no, he has to pay CS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:28 PM
And you took the time out of your lovely day to open this post and comment. Thank you. Run along now.

Quoting TairyHesticle:

Dumb question.

LuvMyBrennaBean
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:28 PM

This, a thousand times. I watched a friend of my husbands suffer through horrible depression because his girlfriend (ex, whatever she was) chose to have an abortion. He wanted that baby more than anything. I honestly can't agree with you any more. When my husband (then b/f) found out my DD was coming, I gave him the option of walking away, free and clear. I also told him that I would be raising our child, with or without him. If he had chosen to walk away at that point, I would not have taken him for any sort of CS.

Quoting MyCrazy4InTX:

Nope. If a woman can decide whether she wants to be a mom or not, a man should decide if he wants to be a dad or not.

mommy9518
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM
This!

Quoting wkukid:

If you have sex you know pregnancy is a possibility. Everyone involved should have to pay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TairyHesticle
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM
My pleasure ;-)

Quoting Anonymous:

And you took the time out of your lovely day to open this post and comment. Thank you. Run along now.

Quoting TairyHesticle:

Dumb question.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:30 PM
No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)