Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It was YOUR decision. So no CS!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
You find out you're pregnant. Talk it over with your SO and he explains that he doesn't want a baby right now. You don't care and decide to keep it. Do you feel that he should still be obligated to pay CS even though it was YOUR final decision to go through with it?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Replies (121-130):
QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:04 PM
A man should be able to sign away rights in the time frame a woman has to have an abortion. I don't think anyone should be forced Into parenthood. If mom can choose dad should be able to choose.

This might make women think twice about poking holes in shit or skip some pills. Being a single mother is tough, not having any financial support is tough as well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
parentalrights1
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Too bad. It's in her body when she's pregnant so no he cannot tell her she has to continue a pregnancy he doesn't have an equal burden in.

Once the child is born, it's all about the child and their rights come first. There's no "well it's not fair the mom can do blah blah blah" it's now about the child.

Quoting DamiensMommy1:

he shouldn't be the only responsible party. she knew just as well if you have sex there's a chance you can have a baby.

of course I think any dad should be responsible and support his kid, but he shouldn't be forced into having a child a mother can terminate without his consent

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Quoting DamiensMommy1:

should he be a decent person? yes.

there's too much of a grey area here for me. she could have had the abortion if she wasn't ready and said tough luck to dad.. so dad should be able to do the same. I hate double standards.

How is the woman's body having to carry the pregnancy not a double standard?

Sometimes double standards are simply biological....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Yes. He knows how babies are made.
BekkieBoodle
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:05 PM
No shit dumbass!! I said that I didn't catch it.... It's in one of the comments. No need to be rude ;P

Quoting Anonymous:

She edited her post! I was not wrong when I posted this dumbass!

Quoting BekkieBoodle:

you're, as in you are? Nope. She used the correct your in this...... You're the one that's wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
one_on_the_way
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Because it usually takes more than one income to financially support a child -- especially for a single parent who must work (child care costs, etc.)

Should a child be aborted or given away for adoption just because the father doesn't want it and the mother can't financially support the child on her own?  

That brings the decision down to petty money.  

It is no small thing that it is the woman's body that carries the baby.

The bottom line is that as long as BOTH PARTIES know the risks they are taking when engaging in sex, there should be no "it isn't fair".  Women know that if they get pregnant - they get PREGNANT.  They know they will be faced with the choices of carrying the pregnancy and keeping the child, aborting the pregnancy, or carying the pregnancy and giving the child to someone else.  Men know that if they get a woman pregnant - the woman they got pregnant has some choices to make.  And, they don't.  They KNOW THIS before they have sex.  

It would be one thing if men didn't know this prior to having sex....but they DO.  

Quoting kmorales7690:

well a woman has a right to choose abortion, or adoption, or to keep the baby, so I don't see why a man shouldn't have the right to choose whether or not he wants to take care of an unplanned child!

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Quoting kmorales7690:

not if he wants to give up rights to the baby, then I guess he shouldn't have to. She decided to have sex just as much as he did, she knew pregnancy was a possibility, and she should have known that there was a possibility that the SO didn't want a baby.

Well, now there's a reason for men to go around having sex with whoever they like and not give one thought or care to controceptive.  I don't know about you, but I lay awake at night thinking "How can we make it fair for guys and unplanned pregnancies?  I mean, women can choose abortion and all.  Oh, I know....let's make it so guys can just say "it's your problem, woman" and happily walk away.  That will make things fair!"

In other words....

Let's not only make it the woman who gets pregnant....the woman who is faced with the moral dilemma of possibly going through an abortion....the woman who is faced with labor and child birth....the woman who is faced with (probably) being the parent to care for and raise the child....let's ALSO make it the woman who must solely provide financially for that child (whom she was unable to abort due to her personal convictions)....or, of course, if she can't financially provide for the child alone, she can always give her baby to some other couple who can afford it.

And, what do the men face in this scenerio?  Oh, that's right.  A good fuck.

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I think if he truly feels that way, and she truly feels that way, then they shouldn't be together #1, and he should terminate all rights to the child. Once he terminates all rights to the child, then no. But until he legally terminates his rights, then yes he should be paying child support.

3gr8tKids
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:07 PM
play and pay.
How many women who just replied NO are against abortion?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:08 PM
It is NOW after she edited her post. When I posted this, it was incorrect.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Her use of "your" was correct
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I think men should have the option to just give up their rights if they dont want the child.

one_on_the_way
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:09 PM

You seriously think the fact men can't just 'sign away their rights' to a baby they don't want, means "he is the only responsible party'???

How about rather than allowing men to walk away from their unwanted children.....we just take away the right for women to have abortions?

Would it be fair and equal then?

Quoting DamiensMommy1:

he shouldn't be the only responsible party. she knew just as well if you have sex there's a chance you can have a baby.

of course I think any dad should be responsible and support his kid, but he shouldn't be forced into having a child a mother can terminate without his consent

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Quoting DamiensMommy1:

should he be a decent person? yes.

there's too much of a grey area here for me. she could have had the abortion if she wasn't ready and said tough luck to dad.. so dad should be able to do the same. I hate double standards.

How is the woman's body having to carry the pregnancy not a double standard?

Sometimes double standards are simply biological....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)