Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It was YOUR decision. So no CS!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
You find out you're pregnant. Talk it over with your SO and he explains that he doesn't want a baby right now. You don't care and decide to keep it. Do you feel that he should still be obligated to pay CS even though it was YOUR final decision to go through with it?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Replies (131-140):
DylansMommyXo
by Daggy on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Yes, it's his kid! Whether he wants to be a part of their lives or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danandsamsmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Children don't ask to be born and are entitled to the support of both of their parents.

one_on_the_way
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

I think men should have the option to just give up their rights if they dont want the child.

I think if they can do that....they must also go through a procedure on their man parts that carries the risk of possibly never being able to have children again....possible injury to internal organs....possible allergic reaction to medication....increased chance for mental health issues, up to and including suicidal ideation and attempt....cramping....bleeding....etc.  You know, a physical procedure similar to abortion.  And, he should have to walk through a line of picketting people condemning him to hell for his decision.  Hey, we want it to be fair, right?

one_on_the_way
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Quoting QueenBof6:

A man should be able to sign away rights in the time frame a woman has to have an abortion. I don't think anyone should be forced Into parenthood. If mom can choose dad should be able to choose.

This might make women think twice about poking holes in shit or skip some pills. Being a single mother is tough, not having any financial support is tough as well

Do you think signing away rights is equivalent to a woman going through with an abortion?  That they are comparable decisions?

LizzieAnnesMom
by β˜†Mrs.Winchesterβ˜† on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I think men should have the option to just give up their rights if they dont want the child.

nikkik526
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:20 PM
There is no comparable decision to abortion.

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Quoting QueenBof6:

A man should be able to sign away rights in the time frame a woman has to have an abortion. I don't think anyone should be forced Into parenthood. If mom can choose dad should be able to choose.

This might make women think twice about poking holes in shit or skip some pills. Being a single mother is tough, not having any financial support is tough as well

Do you think signing away rights is equivalent to a woman going through with an abortion?  That they are comparable decisions?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
one_on_the_way
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:20 PM

The roles can never be reversed.  There is not one single option where the man takes on all the responsibility and the woman takes no responsibility at all.

The responsibility can never fall on him alone.  Ever.

Quoting Momof5kids84:

It would depend upon what was discussed before this. If the guy was upfront with not wanting the child, then the woman knows that the responsibility would fall on her. Sounds harsh, but I would say the same if the roles were reversed.
Quoting one_on_the_way:

There is no 'out' for a man that will ever compare to the woman's 'out' of abortion.  

In the mean time, if the woman can't bring herself to go through the 'out' of having a baby removed from her body.....what happens then?

one.eye.sky
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Quoting Diva-Mami:

No

one_on_the_way
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Then why does it seem so many argue that since a woman can choose abortion, the man should be able to choose to sign away his rights?  They say it as though 'that' is what would make things fair and equal.

Quoting QueenBof6:

There is no comparable decision to abortion.

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Quoting QueenBof6:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN