Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It was YOUR decision. So no CS!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
You find out you're pregnant. Talk it over with your SO and he explains that he doesn't want a baby right now. You don't care and decide to keep it. Do you feel that he should still be obligated to pay CS even though it was YOUR final decision to go through with it?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Replies (141-150):
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Why is it ok for a woman to be able to write off a child if she doesnt want it but a man cant? If we are going to be fair then they should both either have the same opportunity. No one forces a woman to have an abortion. She is free to give up the baby for adoption.

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

I think men should have the option to just give up their rights if they dont want the child.

I think if they can do that....they must also go through a procedure on their man parts that carries the risk of possibly never being able to have children again....possible injury to internal organs....possible allergic reaction to medication....increased chance for mental health issues, up to and including suicidal ideation and attempt....cramping....bleeding....etc.  You know, a physical procedure similar to abortion.  And, he should have to walk through a line of picketting people condemning him to hell for his decision.  Hey, we want it to be fair, right?

lilmoosesmom
by Cat on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:23 PM

yes, because at the end of the day he helped make the baby even if he didn't want it. HE didn't want a kid then he should have wrapped it up, or got hisself fixed. end of story.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Uh, yes. He came inside knowing damn well what can happen.
jessecutez
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:24 PM
I'm gonna say yes, he knows having sex can lead to pregnancy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:25 PM
It kind of equals things out.

terminating rights gives him an out like abortion gives women an out.

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Then why does it seem so many argue that since a woman can choose abortion, the man should be able to choose to sign away his rights?  They say it as though 'that' is what would make things fair and equal.

Quoting QueenBof6:

There is no comparable decision to abortion.

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Quoting QueenBof6:

A man should be able to sign away rights in the time frame a woman has to have an abortion. I don't think anyone should be forced Into parenthood. If mom can choose dad should be able to choose.

This might make women think twice about poking holes in shit or skip some pills. Being a single mother is tough, not having any financial support is tough as well

Do you think signing away rights is equivalent to a woman going through with an abortion?  That they are comparable decisions?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Yes.

QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:27 PM
If you really want to talk about fair, what about the pregnancies that are terminated that the man wants. Nothing he can do about that right. He can't force a woman to have his baby. That's pretty unfair. It's just the way the cookie crumbles due to biology.

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

I think men should have the option to just give up their rights if they dont want the child.

I think if they can do that....they must also go through a procedure on their man parts that carries the risk of possibly never being able to have children again....possible injury to internal organs....possible allergic reaction to medication....increased chance for mental health issues, up to and including suicidal ideation and attempt....cramping....bleeding....etc.  You know, a physical procedure similar to abortion.  And, he should have to walk through a line of picketting people condemning him to hell for his decision.  Hey, we want it to be fair, right?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Yes. You play you pay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:28 PM
This. And I get child support.

Quoting MyCrazy4InTX:

Nope. If a woman can decide whether she wants to be a mom or not, a man should decide if he wants to be a dad or not.
kittiecat88
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)