Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It was YOUR decision. So no CS!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
You find out you're pregnant. Talk it over with your SO and he explains that he doesn't want a baby right now. You don't care and decide to keep it. Do you feel that he should still be obligated to pay CS even though it was YOUR final decision to go through with it?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Replies (81-90):
PeaceMuch
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:39 PM
No. I dont think its fair men don't get a say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:40 PM

not if he wants to give up rights to the baby, then I guess he shouldn't have to. She decided to have sex just as much as he did, she knew pregnancy was a possibility, and she should have known that there was a possibility that the SO didn't want a baby.

catrig
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Yes, he should still pay child support.  Pregnancy is not an unheard of side effect of sex.  It's a risk they take.

TarantulaTress
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:40 PM
No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RLT2
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Yup, he shouldn't have had sex, if he wasn't willing to take responsibility

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:41 PM

OP was right.  *FACEPALM*  lmao.....but anyhow to answer the question,  yes he should have to pay.  you play, you pay.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't "you're' like "you are"? If that's the case, then YOUR is the correct way to spell it :)

Quoting Anonymous:

moneysaver6
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM
I agree with you on principal.

Although morally I don't believe that a woman should have the legal right to kill her child.

Quoting MyCrazy4InTX:

Nope. If a woman can decide whether she wants to be a mom or not, a man should decide if he wants to be a dad or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kat31
by AlwaysWatching on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Women have a uterus. Women get pregnant. Woman can decide to abort or continue the pregnancy. Men KNOW this. Is it fair? No. Its life. It's always been this way. If you don't want a child DON'T have sex. (Or wear a condom). Sex equals babies. Always has. Always will. Women are in control of their bodies. Always will be. Life isn't fair but its not that hard to not have unwanted children. They don't just magically appear out of thin air.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
one_on_the_way
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM

The only reproductive right a woman has that a man doesn't have is the right to choose abortion.  

She gets that right because it is her body that carries pregnancy.  A man can't force her to abort or force her to carry the pregnancy.  

Things will never be fair and equal here.  Never.

I'd like to see what people want to 'fight for' when it comes to men and giving them a right to walk away with no financial or physical consequences to being part of a conception.  

What do you suggest?

Quoting Momof5kids84:

Does this mean that we should not fight to give the same reproductive rights to men? No, it means that the laws need to catch up with the times.

Quoting one_on_the_way:

She can have an abortion if she doesn't want any kids, but gets pregnant.  

He can't.

Is this NOT KNOWN to men before they have sex?  Is this some sacred information they only find out about until after they knock a girl up?  

No - they know this.  Men have a choice.  They have a choice to have sex with a girl, or not.

Quoting militarywife09:

Well then so should she.

Quoting Beth3721:

Yes.  It takes two to make a baby.  He should just keep it in his pants if he doesn't want any kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I'm guessing the OP is either a man or a 2nd or 3rd wife.

If he doesn't want to be a father he can always use a condom.  I find it ludicrous a grown man would actually say he doesn't want to be a father then rely on the woman to take all the responsibility knowing that it could fail or she might be just trying to get pregnant.  But yes, either way I suppose he could be a douche and decide to back out on being a father.  It's called signing away his rights and not doing like a lot of these guys do and show up later on, doing a number on the child's life. 

My husband's biological father decided not only did he not want to be around but that he wasn't going to pay child support or at least sign away his rights.  The damage his father's abadonment did was devastating and the damage can be seen today. 

Anyone saying the father of a child can completely neglect to cover his ass and use a condom then walk out on the child he helped create, imagine if your son did that when he grows up, is seriously lacking emotionally.  I doubt the mother will think highly of his family, you included, so you'd be minus a grandchild.  But then that would be different and he'd be the saint.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)