Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Paper or plastic?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

You would think that I asked a customer if they wanted me to kill their puppy. It is just a question. One I have to ask in order to know what to put your groceries in. Trust me I have heard every reason not to use one bag one way or another. I didn't ask for your 30 minute lecture. I am doing my job. Thanks to you the customer behind you had to wait and eventually created a long line. This happens to me several times a day. I am suppose to ask every customer in case they are a mystery shopper.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Cloth or Paper.

LOL. Yeah, that is annoying. 

MissLoveLyfe
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:43 PM
They never ask that at the store I shop at. I haven't seen paper bags since I was a kid, lol. Why would they get mad at that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Paper isn't even an option at Wal Mart or Meijer. Lol Ive never been asked anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoxRachelxox
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I'm never given the choice. They almost always use plastic unless I go to a whole foods where they only use paper or cloth now. If you don't give them the cloth, they use the paper.

Our grocery stores will take the plastic bags back to recycle them now.

I don't see why anyone would be offended or be mad about making that choice.

tarakay0417
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:47 PM
I use reuseable bags.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:48 PM

so what was the lecture about? recycling?

Karla1948
by VS 120 Lady on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I prefer plastic. They make great garbage bags afterwards.

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

meparty
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Paper? Who does that anymore?

helema24
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:56 PM

plastic so i can use them as bags for my little trash cans!

Jaybo
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Have done your job for 30 yrs. You should know without having to come on CM complaining, it's manditory in some area's, to ask the customer if they want paper or plastic. It is not a big deal & the customer behind is not going wait very long because you have to ask each customer if they want paper or plastic. Why gripe about it? It's your job. And yes, you're correct about the mystery shopper, she or he can eff you big time if you don't follow the rules of your JOB, so just do the job for goodness sake.  

Soon you'll be switching to no more paper, & customers will be encouraged to bring re-usable shopping bags, or they have a choice of a plastic bag at 5 cents a bag. I can tell you right now, you'll be lamenting the days of only paper or plastic, after you've had to fill your customers flimsy re-usable shopping bags all day long.

Look at it this way. You have a job. There's a hell of a lot of people out there that don't have a job, & they'd jump at the chance of asking a customer if they'd like paper or plastic..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN