Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If,you r going to be a smarta** wen commenting on my post you might as well not read it...When is an appropriate time to take babies off milk

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:51 PM
  • 86 Replies
A few months ago my sons dad felt like he shouldnt have as much,milk.since he eats alot of table food..i figure that the milk he gets has stuff in it that,he needs as well. He is about to turn one and his doc said only three bottles of which they are eight ounces a day. Personally since he is wit me all the time,( dad is scared to give him food becsuse he might choke or just lazy) i give him table food juice milk anything as long as he doesnt get sick. I have even tried two percent milk for him. When can babies officially get off baby,milk??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Milk? As in breastmilk, formula, cows milk? The answer is different for each.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starbuckmom03
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I think it depends on the child. My first was breastfed and he did till he was done around 18mos.  I let him make the decision.  My twins were breastfed and bottle fed.  I took the bottle away at a year but wonder if I should have waited.

My thoughts are, why is ok to nurse past a year but take the bottle away typically at one year?

If you feel your ds isn't ready to give up the bottle, then why stop?  Yes, he is getting nutrition from the table food but also from the bottle.  There is formula for toddlers he may do well with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:35 PM
5 moms liked this

What a fucking mess that is .... 

ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:36 PM

My kids were breastfed and I let them self wean. I don't know the "rules" for bottle feeding.

Pnukey
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Babies generally stop formula at age 1. Many breastfeed for longer. They usually start cows milk when they stop formula, or at age 1 if they're breastfeeding. Then, they drink milk for the rest of their lives. Since he is about to turn one, the doc probably wants him to eat more regular/table food and rely less on formula for nutrition, which is why he is limited to three bottles a day.

I think that covers all milk scenarios. Your OP is rather unclear as to what you're talking about. That's not me being a bitch. OP is just hard to understand.

DylansMommyXo
by Daggy on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Oy! Good luck with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsImperfect
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Sorry hun its best not to ask things like that in a group like this unless you want mean comments.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Around a year, depending on how many table foods he's eating. Ask his pediatrician.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cochise
by Dawn on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:37 PM
4 moms liked this

Wow such rude comments...  this poor girl is asking for your opinion on being a mother .. 

I will never understand the cruelty of some on here...                geez ..

anyways I am pretty sure its ok around one year old hon... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:38 PM

<eyeroll>

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN