Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you cut your Ex a break on CS if you knew he was about to be evicted?

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:40 PM
  • 74 Replies

Theres a mom in my play group that brought her sister and her nephew with us to the fair friday. As we were munching on funnel cake and watching the kids on the baby roller coaster dragon thing, she started complaining about her Ex. She said he ask her last week if he pay her 1/4 of the CS now and pay the other 3/4s in two weeks when he get's paid again. She said he was short because of his co pay from his insurance when his car wrecked and now his rent is due and he is in risk of being evicted. She said she wasn't going to help him out. I ask if she needed the money right away or something and she said no! 

We talked to her sister later and she said she doesn't understand why she is being that way. She said he's always been a good dad but after CS and almoney to her, he's broke and really lives pay check to pay check. He couldn't even keep his son for the week his out of school because he needs to work the extra shifts to cover his late fee, rent, and the extra money she thinks he owes her since she is now keeping him the extra week.

Would you do this to your Ex even if he was a good dad and trying? 

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sam12796
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I would. Why would I want to make his life that much more hard on him and the children. She sounds like a bitter person. It's only two weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Exactly! What's the point of causing all that suffering if you don't even need the money urgently? 

Quoting sam12796:

Yes I would. Why would I want to make his life that much more hard on him and the children. She sounds like a bitter person. It's only two weeks.

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Bknotnobody
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:56 PM
This

Quoting sam12796:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM
4 moms liked this

fuck it a third time i agree with buttermeup?  i think that deserves a shot of tequila or something....*DIES*

Paparazzi.Mama
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM
I would cut him a break, otherwise it would impact my kids and that's not right
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Awakened1
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM
What a bitchy thing to do. Its not like it would be a regular thing and he wasn't trying to not rectify the situation. She better hope she's never in a similar situation. I feel bad for the guy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM
2 moms liked this

If he was a good dad and trying, I would probably cut him a break.

To be honest, though, my ex is CONSTANTLY having problems like this and it's because he is irresponsible. He's disorganized which leads to paying bills late, getting late fees, and then more fees because he can't pay the late fees. Then he ends up evicted and because he has no place to stay, he can't work, then he loses his car, etc., etc., etc. None of this is by accident. It's not because life sucks, it's because he's irresponsible. 

I purposely set the CS amount low- way low- so that I wouldn't have to constantly deal with his excuses as to why he can't pay. Every now and then he still has trouble. Since we have a court order, there's no point in asking me if he can pay late but he still does. I say whatever because the AG handles it. I set the bar low. Way low. He can find a way.

erica7227
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this
My ex is $10K behind & I never bring it up. He pays when he can. He on the other hand wants me to waive $2K in interest he owes me. Heck no! He's been behind for 8 years now!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:01 PM
If he was good about paying then yes. If he was a dead beat then no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)