Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you give money away?

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM
  • 5 Replies

I saw an idea on pinterest where all members of the house put their spare change and dollars in a jar for a set amount of time. On Christmas everyone puts their name in a hat and whoever gets picked, gets the jar of money. 

I thought it was a very sweet idea. Unfortunately the only other members of my house are 1 and 6 so it wouldn't work well lol. I hope I remember this in a few years so we can do it :)

Would you be interested in doing something like this in your house?

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
slransde
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Not really
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovingSAHMommy
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Not really. I'd be more inclined to buy some thi gs for Toys for Tots or something similar. Actually, I may do that, lol.
mummy1990
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:12 PM

That would create a lot of tension between siblings. I know that if my family did that, my brother and I would have been even MORE at each others throats. And even if the siblings were cool with eachother...they wouldn't be. Its not a good idea at all. I could see using the money to do something really fun however much is in there, or buying something for everyone, or splitting it with everyone. I could see that being a good idea.

raegansmom
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM
We don't do that, but we do draw names & have a gift exchange among the adults. It includes my parents & all of my siblings, as well as our spouses. It really cuts down on the amount if gifts we have to buy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM
How about the winner gets to choose a family outing to spend the $$$ on? Or a charity. That would be cool.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured