Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you give money away?

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM
  • 5 Replies

I saw an idea on pinterest where all members of the house put their spare change and dollars in a jar for a set amount of time. On Christmas everyone puts their name in a hat and whoever gets picked, gets the jar of money. 

I thought it was a very sweet idea. Unfortunately the only other members of my house are 1 and 6 so it wouldn't work well lol. I hope I remember this in a few years so we can do it :)

Would you be interested in doing something like this in your house?

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
slransde
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Not really
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovingSAHMommy
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Not really. I'd be more inclined to buy some thi gs for Toys for Tots or something similar. Actually, I may do that, lol.
mummy1990
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:12 PM

That would create a lot of tension between siblings. I know that if my family did that, my brother and I would have been even MORE at each others throats. And even if the siblings were cool with eachother...they wouldn't be. Its not a good idea at all. I could see using the money to do something really fun however much is in there, or buying something for everyone, or splitting it with everyone. I could see that being a good idea.

raegansmom
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM
We don't do that, but we do draw names & have a gift exchange among the adults. It includes my parents & all of my siblings, as well as our spouses. It really cuts down on the amount if gifts we have to buy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM
How about the winner gets to choose a family outing to spend the $$$ on? Or a charity. That would be cool.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)