Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

it's basically friendly blocking, right?

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:11 PM
  • 50 Replies

SO's mom is pretty unhappy with me (I won't go into why).  I don't agree with her being as angry with me as she is so I'm not changing anything.  The only thing is that I do post about what I'm up to, pictures of what I'm up to and I tag and am tagged in posts and at places with others sometimes and I'm thinking that this isn't helping with the problem with SO's mom.  I'd thought about blocking her but I think that would just make her angrier so I changed my settings so that she can't see anything I or my friends post but she can still see my pictures etc.  I'm kind of afraid that she'll figure out what's going on because she checks facebook every morning.

Has anyone ever done this sort of friendly blocking?  How did it go and did they figure out they weren't seeing anything new you'd posted?

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3gr8tKids
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:24 PM
no but ive certainly thought about it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JLo1486
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:51 PM
I don't care what people have to say about what I do lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Quoting JLo1486:

I don't care what people have to say about what I do lol.

I normally don't care but these people wouldn't let me pay for after school care for the kids and instead changed their work schedules to watch them and they own my house so I'm not trying to piss them off lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I would need to know why she is mad... but in general I think using FB as a tool/weapon is HORRILBY CHILDISH.

Rbrown72707
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

No.  But I'm trying and trying to catch that bug on my screen:)

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

SO's mom is pretty unhappy with me (I won't go into why).  I don't agree with her being as angry with me as she is so I'm not changing anything.  The only thing is that I do post about what I'm up to, pictures of what I'm up to and I tag and am tagged in posts and at places with others sometimes and I'm thinking that this isn't helping with the problem with SO's mom.  I'd thought about blocking her but I think that would just make her angrier so I changed my settings so that she can't see anything I or my friends post but she can still see my pictures etc.  I'm kind of afraid that she'll figure out what's going on because she checks facebook every morning.

Has anyone ever done this sort of friendly blocking?  How did it go and did they figure out they weren't seeing anything new you'd posted?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Yup! No one has noticed... or just not said anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

"These people" = mil & fil?

You are living in their home and they are babysitting your child for free?  And you think they are "too mad" over somethng.  Oh hell... Im dying to know what it is.  Thier son can not support his own family and you think they are "too mad"?  You must tell us before we get the wrong idea bout you.

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

I normally don't care but these people wouldn't let me pay for after school care for the kids and instead changed their work schedules to watch them and they own my house so I'm not trying to piss them off lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:03 PM

idk , but i want to smash the bug on the screen lol !

kgsharber
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Who cares? She needs a damn life.

Sate
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM
You could post a few things and change the settings on those post so she can see them. None the wiser.

If we knew what happened it would be helpful but from what you said i'd give her a break. She sounds like a good person. I'd just sort out the problem. Sometimes we don't think we are wrong when we really are, but I do understand. My mil has been mad at me for things I refuse to apologize for because she overreacted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN