Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

moms with kids with asthma...help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

My dd was diagnosed with asthma because of frequent hospitalizations of pneumonia/low ox sats.  My dd was seen on Friday for pink eye and the dr told me she has a nasty virus going around and nothing other that eye drops to help.  Well, she has an infrequent cough (maybe coughing 3 times in a row and this has happened 3 times today) with a whistling sound (I am assuming wheezing) at the end of each cough.  This is the first time ever hearing it or any wheezing.  I gave her a breathing treatment.  She hasn't coughed since the breathing treatment 30 minutes ago.  She has no "pulling" when she breathes and her nails don't look blue (hard to tell if it might be barely some blue by the cuticle).  She I take her in or just wait and see?  Waiting on advice nurse to call me back, but can be up to 2 hours until I get a call back. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Anyone?

md3mom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:54 PM
If the breathing treatment helped, I'm not sure why you would take her in. Are you worried her breathing will get worse?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dorkish_face
by IamMcLovin on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Try taking her in the bathroom, and run some hot hot water, and let the steam help relax the muscles in her chest, and it'll help with her breathing as well...

I have asthma, and so does my DD
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaylawv2
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:56 PM
When my dd's asthma acts up we do breathing treatments every 4 hrs along with her daily inhaler that she takes morn/night. I dont take her in unless it doesnt get better. Is she struggling to breathe?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeanPatrick
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Sounds like she is starting with a cold. We do treatments every four hours when the coughing (wheezing) start. If you are concerned you need to make an appointment to go in. Once you adjust to the triggers sign you will be more comfortable with the treatments.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:59 PM

if she starts up again- you can give another treatment. however if her breathing is really bad- like she can't- then go to the er. but don't be surprise if they do another treatment. i had to take my 29 year old daughter in. she did one- helped for a bit. but later you could tell that she was having a hard time. they gave her three treatments and meds. watched her for about 4 hrs. let us come home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)