Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you do?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So a few months ago a friend of mine and I met for lunch. It came time to pay and she realized she for got her wallet. No problem. I paid. Well then about a month after she calls and asks if I want to meet for lunch...her treat since she forgot her wallet the last time. So we meet for lunch. This time the card is rejected. So again I pay....no big deal.

Well now she wants to go out again.....to a really nice place....she says her treat. But I can't afford to cover her meal again. Especially at this place. I would be cool with just hanging out....or meeting for coffee. But her history isn't great. We don't live in the same city so I oly see her when she comes in.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Replies (11-14):
Rach7224
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Well do you have a favorite that you can afford and pick it up before meeting that you can afford and act like you forgot you were going to eat.... Then you could make it out you were trying to be nice and get lunch... Go to a park or something. I understand what you are saying tho.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Rach7224:

I would become busy. Appologize and the next time you get together do something that doesnt cost unless you are willing to pay, just in case.

Id like to see her. This is the only issue I have. And how can I be sure both weren't just accidents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Tell her how you feel. She is your friend right? Be honest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Quoting Rach7224:

Yeah. I thought about that. Or maybe saying I have plans for lunch but could meet her after.. There is a really cool cupcake place close by. I just don't want to hurt her feelings.
nacholibre
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Eh, just play nice, "oh, I don't want you to have to pay for that, let's just do coffee instead!"

are you married? use DH as an excuse, "oh, I can't do dinner, DH & I have plans to go out for food after you & I are done with our plans"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)