Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**Proud Mama Here!!!** (possibly "graphic" PIC) **WARNING**

Posted by   + Show Post

Mackenzie (my 13yo DD) shot her first buck today! :)

*proud mama moment*

Her daddy caught it all on video tape. She sounded so excited, when we talked on the phone.

**SQUEeEeeEe!!!** So proud!!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Replies (261-270):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Teaching our children how to hunt and properly handle a gun whether they are boy or girl helps keep our deer population down...therefore keeping down car accidents and deaths related to hitting a deer with your car! It also ensures that the next generation of hunters will be properly educated in the SPORT!

Quoting Anonymous:

Destiny907
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I love the sausage sticks made with the venison...............LOL that way, I don't really taste the venison!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:38 PM

LOL! I thought you only had your toddler!

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

Sure do. ;)

Carried for 9 months, birthed, & raised by yours truly. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't believe you have a 13 year old?

blues_pagan
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Ahh yes because posting anon is so controversial.  Grow a vag and come back when you don't have to hide.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting blues_pagan:

I love how people always say that but they post things, IMO seeking approval or wanting a pat on the back lol. Sorry I have an opinion. If you have something controversial, and you don't want to hear opinions, don't post it. Pretty simple.

Robe739IsBack
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Luckily for my daughter, I allow her to choose the hobbies in life that make her smile. :)

I don't force her to do "feminine specific" things, because she is her own person.

I encourage her to do what it is that makes her happy. Clearly you can see (by the look on her face in the photo) that she is beyond excited about the hard work she put into providing MANY meals for our family, with that deer. :)

Alongside of hunting, this precious & beautiful little lady enjoys reading, rollerskating, drawing, writing poetry, & *gasp* putting on make up, dresses, & DANCING! ;)

Hold up.... Please allow me to show you another photo of her.... It will be in another reply, since I'm mobile... Standby...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting celticwych:

Im a nurse enjoying my lunch break :) what do you do?

I also just responded to someone else's comment. I a a pretty good shot, and go to the range with my husband often. However, I do not find it ladylike at all for your young daughter to be out shotting deer and posing with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wittyscreenname
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats to her.

I'm not big on hunting....but if my kids wanted to try it, I'd let them.

Robe739IsBack
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Yes. Clearly she is a monsterous, unlady-like, blood-thirsty, killing machine. No? :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robe739IsBack
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:45 PM

At the roller rink...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrissyKrissy02
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

They aren't hunting for 'sport'. They are hunting for food. And why can't a 'lady' hunt and still be a lady at the same time? o.O Seriously?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting blues_pagan:

Yes, between my husband and I we own 4 handguns and 1 shotgun. I am a pretty good shot ;)

However I do not think it is very lady Ike for your young daughter to be out shooting deer and I damn sure dont think it's a sport.

helema24
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:50 PM

mmmm venison for the winter sounds nice get a few more of those and youll have meat until spring time!! is she gonna keep the antlers? they would make a nice wall mount

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)