Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**Proud Mama Here!!!** (possibly "graphic" PIC) **WARNING**

Posted by   + Show Post

Mackenzie (my 13yo DD) shot her first buck today! :)

*proud mama moment*

Her daddy caught it all on video tape. She sounded so excited, when we talked on the phone.

**SQUEeEeeEe!!!** So proud!!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Replies (281-290):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:12 PM
And I have known two kids that almost died in a car accident so I don't let my kids ride in them....makes sense huh?

Quoting Anonymous:

I've known of 2 kids to be shot and killled in hunting accidents so I won't let my kid hunt

Robe739IsBack
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM
I know that some charities won't accept venison if it's in an area with chronic wasting disease going around. It's definitely worth checking into, though! :)

Quoting MamaJess9:

Idk where you live, but in Illinois there is a program that will give the meat to soups kitchens, food pantries, and needy families.

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

not my thing. but congrats to her. I dont know if I would personally be comfortbale with my kids at that age going just becuase i worry abou tsomething hapening lol. not because of shooting the deer loll

my husbnad is going for the first itme this year. but he isnt allowed to bring the meat home nor does he want to he is going to give it way to soem one who can needs it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KedrynsMommie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Thats all fine... why darken her post? Shes teaching her dd how to provide for herself as well as hunter safety. Its sad two little ones died, but if we put our kids in a bubble our society will grind to a halt and we will go nowhere. Our kids deserve better than that!

Quoting Anonymous:

How can it be good that I've known two kids that were killed in hunting accidents?

One was accidentally shot and killed by her grandfather :(

Another was killed several years ago and his brother really grieved for him and did not like being an only child. Actually he just had a baby and named him after his deceased brother.

I'm not against hunting though but its just  not for me.

Quoting KedrynsMommie:

Good for you sanctimommy!

Now move along to the next thread :p!

Quoting Anonymous:

I've known of 2 kids to be shot and killled in hunting accidents so I won't let my kid hunt

How

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aphrodisiac
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Aww that poor Deer :*(

IntactivistMama
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Just tell me you will use virtually every part of the animal AND respect the life that was taken and I will not object. 

OK?

MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Yeah, I remember hearing something about that last year. I just looked it up, it's called Sportsmen Against Hunger and you just take the deer to the processor and tell them you want to donate it, they do the rest. That way it's all in a controlled environment, so maybe that helps with that? I don't really know because we rarely use processors, we always do our own.

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

I know that some charities won't accept venison if it's in an area with chronic wasting disease going around. It's definitely worth checking into, though! :)

Quoting MamaJess9:

Idk where you live, but in Illinois there is a program that will give the meat to soups kitchens, food pantries, and needy families.

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

not my thing. but congrats to her. I dont know if I would personally be comfortbale with my kids at that age going just becuase i worry abou tsomething hapening lol. not because of shooting the deer loll

my husbnad is going for the first itme this year. but he isnt allowed to bring the meat home nor does he want to he is going to give it way to soem one who can needs it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robe739IsBack
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:25 PM
2 moms liked this
We don't hunt for sport, we hunt for food. We're always thankful for the land, opportunity, & animals provided on earth for survival. :)

Quoting IntactivistMama:

Just tell me you will use virtually every part of the animal AND respect the life that was taken and I will not object. 

OK?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IntactivistMama
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Then I'm cool with it (even though I'm a vegetarian!) I would be more impressed if she took it down with one arrow though. Guns to me are kind of cheating or something.

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

We don't hunt for sport, we hunt for food. We're always thankful for the land, opportunity, & animals provided on earth for survival. :)

Quoting IntactivistMama:

OK?

Robe739IsBack
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this
She will eventually become strictly a bow hunter.

DH & I are strictly bow hunters, because the season allows nicer weather & better deer.

We start the kids in the family with gun hunting, because it teaches skills, but allows adults to be close by to manage the situation. We also believe that gun safety is important for everyone, before learning bow skills.

Once we feel that she is skilled in gun hunting & understands safety & such, we will slowly introduce her to bow hunting. I (personally) skipped the gun hunting, because guns scare me. :/ Well, more-so my own clumsiness scares me. LOL! I fully trust my DH & his grandpa to educate my kids on gun safety, though. It's just not something I'm interested in. :)

Quoting IntactivistMama:

Then I'm cool with it (even though I'm a vegetarian!) I would be more impressed if she took it down with one arrow though. Guns to me are kind of cheating or something.

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

Quoting IntactivistMama:

OK?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IntactivistMama
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Regular bow or cross bow?

I went to some archery practices long ago (inanimate targets only.) I enjoyed it. I am apprehensive about firearms as well.

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

She will eventually become strictly a bow hunter.

DH & I are strictly bow hunters, because the season allows nicer weather & better deer.

We start the kids in the family with gun hunting, because it teaches skills, but allows adults to be close by to manage the situation. We also believe that gun safety is important for everyone, before learning bow skills.

Once we feel that she is skilled in gun hunting & understands safety & such, we will slowly introduce her to bow hunting. I (personally) skipped the gun hunting, because guns scare me. :/ Well, more-so my own clumsiness scares me. LOL! I fully trust my DH & his grandpa to educate my kids on gun safety, though. It's just not something I'm interested in. :)

Quoting IntactivistMama:

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

Quoting IntactivistMama:

OK?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)