Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**Proud Mama Here!!!** (possibly "graphic" PIC) **WARNING**

Posted by   + Show Post

Mackenzie (my 13yo DD) shot her first buck today! :)

*proud mama moment*

Her daddy caught it all on video tape. She sounded so excited, when we talked on the phone.

**SQUEeEeeEe!!!** So proud!!! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Replies (41-50):
MommyLehr
by Veronica on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome! I haven't had any deer since I was a kid. My uncle cooked us his deer for thanksgiving!

Quoting Quatrekins:

I'm also a non-native living in PA... I thought it was wacko when I moved here also! Now I get excited for the sausage <3

Quoting MommyLehr:

Woo!! Here in PA Buck season isn't until November (I think) and all the schools, and a bunch of companies take off the first day of buck season. I thought it was so strange! Lol (I'm from Chicago)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robe739IsBack
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM
4 moms liked this
Sorry this grossed you out. I made sure to post the pic that had no blood showing in it.

What about it is disgusting to you? Honestly, just curious.

Are you a vegetarian?

I only ask, because we hunt, simply because the meat supplied at stores & markets comes from animals that are abused, tortured, & injected with poisonious growth hormones. Our way of hunting allows minimal suffering for the animal, while still providing meat for our family. We never hunt "just for the thrill". ALL parts are used.

We also raise cows & feed them naturally, before butchering them. Again, 2 cows in 1 GIANT barn/farm field, who are free to roam & do not suffer in a "feed mill".

We catch our own fish too.

The only "meat" I've ever bought from a market is chicken, which will soon change, once we get the "rights" to raise chickens & turkeys on our uncle's farm land.

Anyways, just wanted to explain this. We're not some "blood thirsty", "kill happy" family. We just like celebrating the fact that we can pass this way of life down to our children & keep a tradition alive. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Damn woman I told her she did a good thing letting people know ahead of time. Eh, it is gross to me. Who cares? Now move along.

Quoting Aamy:

Quoting Anonymous:

This is disgusting, but you did a good job warning people. Thanks for doing that.

Yet you had to come in and reply anyway ....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robe739IsBack
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM
I thought we were the only weird family to serve venison on Thanksgiving! LOL!

I'm not a fan of any poultry. We very rarely eat chicken/turkey, unless it was hunted by a family member (we only have 2 duck/turkey hunters in the fam).

So, we have Venison for Thanksgiving. Haha! My kids LOVE it! DH said he's gonna have to start labeling our freezer packaging, because everytime we eat venison the kids ask "who's deer is this?". LOL!

Quoting MommyLehr:

That's awesome! I haven't had any deer since I was a kid. My uncle cooked us his deer for thanksgiving!

Quoting Quatrekins:

I'm also a non-native living in PA... I thought it was wacko when I moved here also! Now I get excited for the sausage <3

Quoting MommyLehr:

Woo!! Here in PA Buck season isn't until November (I think) and all the schools, and a bunch of companies take off the first day of buck season. I thought it was so strange! Lol (I'm from Chicago)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlesmom3
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Never in my life have i had deer meat........ Im just sayin. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Is that a pic of your or your daughter?

usmc.momma
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
You let her kill Bambi??? HOW DARE YOU!!!

Jk jk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
504bbymami
by Emerald Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyLehr
by Veronica on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg! That's awesome!!

DH grew up on a "farm" (I say it's a farm he says it isn't lol) and he used to always tell his sister which chicken they were eating lol

Quoting Robe739IsBack:

I thought we were the only weird family to serve venison on Thanksgiving! LOL!

I'm not a fan of any poultry. We very rarely eat chicken/turkey, unless it was hunted by a family member (we only have 2 duck/turkey hunters in the fam).

So, we have Venison for Thanksgiving. Haha! My kids LOVE it! DH said he's gonna have to start labeling our freezer packaging, because everytime we eat venison the kids ask "who's deer is this?". LOL!

Quoting MommyLehr:

Quoting Quatrekins:

Quoting MommyLehr:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.thatsme.
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Can I get some deer jerky? Purdy please?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommieSDW
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Great job Mack! Zombipocolypse goes down, you know she's got your back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)