Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 15 Year old cousin... UPDATE

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:45 PM
  • 34 Replies

My little cousin will be 15 next month and is already on birth control, she came to me today telling me she wants a baby... she is convinced it is so easy b/c I was a teen parent and I did so well with it and her sister was 18 when she had her first baby and she is doing great and blah blah blah. I tried telling her that yes i love my boys but i wish they would have came a hell of a lot later in life... how do i convince someone who is soooooo convinced that babies are easy and simple to handle that they arent and her momma and daddy need to beat her ass for asking about such things... im stuck here.. what do i do now

>>>I messaged my aunt about this situation, I feel like I let my cousin down but I dont want her to go through the hell I had to go through as a teen parent. I know its the pot calling the kettle black but in all honesty i wasnt trying to get pregnant and she is..

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
im_not_trollin
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this

make her babysit, a lot. lol

alexxxxx
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting im_not_trollin:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meghan6391
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:49 PM

if she was mature enough to tie her shoes i soooo would lol. she helps her sister with her 4 y.o from time to time and says it is the easiest thing to do

jQuoting im_not_trollin:

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this
She's having some emotional problems. Her parents need to get her into therapy to get to the root of the problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ihave1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Not so sure. Tell her parents?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hilary799
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:50 PM

She needs one of those babies that mimic real babies, like they would use in parenting classes. Give her one of those for a week.

cklamour
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Honestly, that's what it sounds like. It happens...I had mine at 17.

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

She's having some emotional problems. Her parents need to get her into therapy to get to the root of the problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaLaMommy2Be
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Let her watch an actual child birth video? First time i seen one i almost passed out lol Then explain to her all that you go through during pregnancy and after it. Maybe that will change her mind
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Tell her she can make ALOT more money if she goes to college and then has a baby later.

Also remind her there's no guarantee the baby willl be healthy. It could have alot of special needs.

imultracool
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I agree, make her babysit. Is one of your children still a baby that wakes up through out the night? If so make her stay the night and wake her up every time the baby gets up. Make her feed and change the baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN