Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Its not that hard to be a SAHM.......

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I know I am going to get bashed for this but... Its not that hard to be a SAHM.

I had four children under the age of 6.  But still when my (now deceased) Dh got home the kids had been bathed and were in their Pjs. Tea was ready within 10 mins after he walked in the door. I'd take his plate and make him a coffee. The house would be clean and tidy. (although you could tell there was children living there. We had a big playroom that the kids would tidy up each day)

I would spend quality time with the kids. We would sing songs and dance to the Wiggles. We would go to the park and be amazed at the daffodils. They would play outside while I (at 41 weeks pregnant) would mow the lawns and chopped the wood. They would 'help' me with the dishes.

I am NOT saying that my Dh was right in letting me do all the chores and cooking. Looking back it was selfish of him. But I loved him and I wanted life at home to be a peaceful happy place. I was always terrified if things weren't right he would be gone. He took his own life 8yrs ago and if I am ever lucky enough to have a new relationship you can bet your @ss he will be helping with the kids and the house.

That said.. it was managable.  I have 4 children, 2 of them with pervasive devalopment disorders. I had PND.  I pretty much have no family to help. But it was fun and we were happy. Some times my friends would come and i'd get to go to the supermarket with no kids!  The joy of getting a basket to get my groceries instead of a double trolley and kids trailing behind!  But I was always happy to get back to my kids. And I am proud of the fact I can peel a potato and breastfeed at the same time.!!

My kids are teenagers now. Its a different kind of happy.  I no longer have the kids full time. But there are other things in my life now. I don't remember feeling particulary overwhelmed.  Maybe I am looking back with Rose Tinted Glasses.

Anybody else think SAHM in not that bad?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Screw that, my ass isn't mowing at 41 weeks pregnant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Did your husband not love you at all? My husband would never have me do learn care heavily pregnant.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL you're right! I also mowed the lawns at 42 and 43 weeks pregnant too! 

obviously the kids were not all born at the same time!

Quoting Anonymous:

Holy shnikes!!!! You were 41 Weeks pregnant the whole time?! You poor dear!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM

that is true.  and those of us who find it easy simply dont get it.

my husband and daughter are HORRIBLE with directions, seriously couldnt find their ways out of a paper bag.  My son and I just get it, never get lost, and are GREAT with directions. Same thing... if ya get it, you dont really understand why others dont.

Quoting Miranda1127:
. It doesn't mean some people find it more difficult than others do. Soooo...*shrugs*

dolphingurl1286
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM
I have done both. I didn't think being a sahm was hard either. But at the time I only had one child. And she was very easy to deal with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:05 PM
I do it during the summer. I don't find the job difficult, but the isolation is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Ha i knew i saw a similar post!! Lol

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

Oh fabulous! Another "its not that hard to be a SAHM" post. Dead horse meet stick.

ChrissyReznor
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Just because it was easy for u doesn't mean its so easy for others.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blues_pagan
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Gotta agree with you on this one.  I am a SAHM and full time college student.  I have a 16 month old and a DH who is just now wrapping up chemo.  I used to work but lost the job in July.  I can say this much, best thing that ever happened to me.  I love being able to SAH and be with my family.  Life here is manageable.  Is it super easy, no.  I had a lot of catching up to do when I first stayed home but now, cake!

Vipergirl22
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I think it can be difficult at times. Definitely overwhelming. I love my daughter but she is getting to be a little hard to handle and it is difficult to deal with sometimes. I even a get a break twice a week. However, I am learning that being at home is just not for me and I want to work. Just dunno how to get started. I have barely worked, I was 19 when I stopped working. So I am looking for WAH things and have no clue where to start with that. Also I want to go back to school and get a bachelors degree.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM

then you did it wrong.

unless you actually live in the middle of no where with out a car.

Quoting TheMrs407:

, but the isolation is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)