Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Its not that hard to be a SAHM.......

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I know I am going to get bashed for this but... Its not that hard to be a SAHM.

I had four children under the age of 6.  But still when my (now deceased) Dh got home the kids had been bathed and were in their Pjs. Tea was ready within 10 mins after he walked in the door. I'd take his plate and make him a coffee. The house would be clean and tidy. (although you could tell there was children living there. We had a big playroom that the kids would tidy up each day)

I would spend quality time with the kids. We would sing songs and dance to the Wiggles. We would go to the park and be amazed at the daffodils. They would play outside while I (at 41 weeks pregnant) would mow the lawns and chopped the wood. They would 'help' me with the dishes.

I am NOT saying that my Dh was right in letting me do all the chores and cooking. Looking back it was selfish of him. But I loved him and I wanted life at home to be a peaceful happy place. I was always terrified if things weren't right he would be gone. He took his own life 8yrs ago and if I am ever lucky enough to have a new relationship you can bet your @ss he will be helping with the kids and the house.

That said.. it was managable.  I have 4 children, 2 of them with pervasive devalopment disorders. I had PND.  I pretty much have no family to help. But it was fun and we were happy. Some times my friends would come and i'd get to go to the supermarket with no kids!  The joy of getting a basket to get my groceries instead of a double trolley and kids trailing behind!  But I was always happy to get back to my kids. And I am proud of the fact I can peel a potato and breastfeed at the same time.!!

My kids are teenagers now. Its a different kind of happy.  I no longer have the kids full time. But there are other things in my life now. I don't remember feeling particulary overwhelmed.  Maybe I am looking back with Rose Tinted Glasses.

Anybody else think SAHM in not that bad?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Replies (91-100):
LovingSAHMommy
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting DestinyHLewis:

I agree with that. I refused to be treated like I was sick when I was pregnant. However, once I was full term with eight lb, transverse babies that were up in my ribs, I won't lie, I could hardly walk, lol. I was also severely Nemic and has a LOT of extra fluid. But still...my parents would try to get me to use a wheelchair when we would go grocery shopping and I was like. "no way in hell", haha. While it was actually painful at the end and I couldn't even pick something up off of the ground, I also felt healthier than I ever have in other ways.
LovingSAHMommy
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Anemic*
littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this

i loved being a sahm and i miss it. as soon as I can stop working I'll be doing just that.

I hate being a working mom, I feel like I never have enough time to get anything done and I'm missing out on my DD so mcuh

DestinyHLewis
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:37 AM
Quoting Ireallydontcare:

I have six kids, and I work from home. My children are 12, 9, 4, 3, 2, and 3 months. Is it hard? Eh, it isn't easy.

Six? Wow!!!!
LovingSAHMommy
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting DestinyHLewis:

My words exactly. I am sorry, but I really don't think I could do that, lol! I don't think I would have it in me!
Dayna29
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I love being a SAHM but I also not only take care of my kids, I take care of others too. It can be a lot to do when the kids are doing extra activities now but I just need to get back into the groove of things and get things cleaned up around here. Sometimes I feel like I'm on the go too much to do anything around here. I just need to find that balance again. But its great to be able to raise your own instead of having someone else do it. (Not saying its a bad thing, just my preference for me. I don't trust many other people with my kids) But it will be almost time for me to go back to work soon. I will miss those days of being with kids all day long and watching them as they grow.

Mamaof3and1tobe
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:40 AM
This to a T right on down to the hubby part!!!

I have 4 kids. Ages 9, 6, 2, and 8 months. One has ADHD and ODD. Her alone can be very tough to handle.

You just have to keep in mind that what works for you does not mean that it will work for others. Why? Because everyone is DIFFERENT.

Quoting Aamy:

Your right, its not HARD, but can sure damn well be overwhelming at times. And also not EVERY woman is the same. Some can handle stress and chaos differently then others. I can usually do ok. But there are times when i am at my wits end and need help. DH helps out A LOT. He will come home, sometimes help with dinner, put the kids in the shower as i clean up from dinner, helps put them to bed. On weekends, he gets up with them in the morning, helps cook breakfast, helps me clean around the house. I cant always do it ALL by myself. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DestinyHLewis
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:40 AM
I watch the Duggar family and Michelle and think, what drug did she take?!? Lol I know she hasn't, but she amazes me!
DestinyHLewis
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Quoting Dayna29:

I love being a SAHM but I also not only take care of my kids, I take care of others too. It can be a lot to do when the kids are doing extra activities now but I just need to get back into the groove of things and get things cleaned up around here. Sometimes I feel like I'm on the go too much to do anything around here. I just need to find that balance again. But its great to be able to raise your own instead of having someone else do it. (Not saying its a bad thing, just my preference for me. I don't trust many other people with my kids) But it will be almost time for me to go back to work soon. I will miss those days of being with kids all day long and watching them as they grow.

I envy you. I couldn't tolerate other people's kids day in and out! Lol
DestinyHLewis
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:44 AM
Quoting LovingSAHMommy:

My little sister was just about as stubborn with her twins. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN