Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you ever dress your infant in jean-like materials?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I only dress my son in cotton type material. I just feel like harder fabric would be uncomfortable. He's 8 months old. Do you think this is trashy? This woman said that after 6 months they should always be in pants and that cotton was trashy.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
jynkx
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:14 PM

yes i did dress them in denim, but i dont think what your doing is trashy.  just make sure the baby is comfy.  there is no hard and fast rules to this part of the game we call motherhood.

BabySocks0912
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM
I do jeans for special occasions :) and usually cloth the rest of the time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DylansMommyXo
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM
I always had him in cotton onesies. They were practical and comfy. Now that he's 1 he does wear jeans a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lynette
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM

cotton is not trashy, what an odd thing to say!  Yes I dress my little one in denim once in awhile but I also like to stick w/ the softer cotton for the most part.

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I don't think it is trashy. Your kid, your choice. My DS wears jeans, but I always make sure that his jeans are pretty soft. He even has some fleece-lined jeans for winter. He had some last winter too, when he was tiny little guy. I feel like they keep him nice and warm, but he looks good. 

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM

My kids wore jeans from day one pretty much.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:18 PM
What woman?
Trashy is not the fabric, its the fit and how worn or stained it is.
ChicMommy06
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM
I think after 1 year it's tacky. I hate seeing children walking around in cotton sets.
504bbymami
by Emerald Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM
I was always raised the opposite of what that woman said. Babies should be in soft baby clothes :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Quoting nataliesmom2012:

I wouldn't say that's trashy at all. What's wrong with cotton? But to answer your first question, yes I do dress DD in jean material. She has a cute little denim jumper dress that she wears and she has two pairs of jeans and a pair of jean shorts that she wears. She's also 8 months old.

Awww. I didn't think there was anything wrong but she acted like they aren't actually dressed if they don't have on real pants. I have had quite a few overalls and jeans for my son by the all constrict him really bad. He's pretty long and he couldnt even pull his legs up when he was crawling.

I think they are soo cute though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)