Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you ever dress your infant in jean-like materials?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I only dress my son in cotton type material. I just feel like harder fabric would be uncomfortable. He's 8 months old. Do you think this is trashy? This woman said that after 6 months they should always be in pants and that cotton was trashy.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Replies (21-30):
hollydaze1974
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Cotton is NOT trashy. However, I'm an overall fanatic, and many overalls are made in cotton denim, corduroy, pure cotton....no child is dressed "trashy" if they are dressed weather appropriate. Go for your cotton, mama.....but the denim in that age group is the denim "look" with snaps, but they are not heavy denim, they are denim colored cotton.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Greenstone920
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:20 PM
I avoided denim until they were walking. During the crawling phase it was all about comfort and ease of movement, which means soft cotton and fleecy things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnjalisMommy07
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Jeans are made from cotton. O.o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wydowness
by Kusabi on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Not yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoahandEliza
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:22 PM
Trashy? No way. I have plenty of quality, cute cotton outfits for dd. She's 15 months and only had two pairs of jean shorts and a jean skirt up until now. Like you, I thought jeans would be uncomfortable when she napped...but then again, jeans haven't ever fit her quite right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Jersey-lined jeans. Loved those, wouldn't use regular jeans.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:22 PM

An old lady that I see at publix all the time. She goes there to eat at the Chinese bar and I guess do her socializing. When I go there she fusses with my son and she just recently said this. She is usually very nice. She wasn't mean about it just kind of through it out there. She did the same thing over shoes a while back.

Quoting Anonymous:

What woman?
Trashy is not the fabric, its the fit and how worn or stained it is.

nataliesmom2012
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM

DD wears more cotton-stretchy type pants than anything. I just bought her the jeans two days ago. Today was her first day wearing them. Have you tried getting one size up? Maybe those would help.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting nataliesmom2012:

I wouldn't say that's trashy at all. What's wrong with cotton? But to answer your first question, yes I do dress DD in jean material. She has a cute little denim jumper dress that she wears and she has two pairs of jeans and a pair of jean shorts that she wears. She's also 8 months old.

Awww. I didn't think there was anything wrong but she acted like they aren't actually dressed if they don't have on real pants. I have had quite a few overalls and jeans for my son by the all constrict him really bad. He's pretty long and he couldnt even pull his legs up when he was crawling.

I think they are soo cute though.

crazycurls920
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Sometimes he doesnt even wear pants.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roardiva
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:25 PM
This. I never dressed them in tough jeans always really soft with the stretchy waist. It depended on the weather and what we were doing.

Quoting Mama_Gleich:

I dressed my son in cotton material and jean material. It really just depended on what we were doing. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)