Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you ever dress your infant in jean-like materials?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I only dress my son in cotton type material. I just feel like harder fabric would be uncomfortable. He's 8 months old. Do you think this is trashy? This woman said that after 6 months they should always be in pants and that cotton was trashy.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Jean is cotton woven in a particular way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
My kiddo was in sleepers with a sweater until he could crawl fully (10 months). It was more comfy for him.

I'm upper middle class, have attended finishing school, have 3 degrees and am NOT considered trashy.
New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:29 PM
I did if we went to church or dinner. Otherwise he was in comfy clothes. I didn't look at it as uncomfortable bc I find jeans comfy b
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:30 PM
I wear jeans on my children. Some times dd wears yoga pants.. I don't think it's trashy to wear the cotton pants, but I don't really wear them in my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Everyone thought I would have my son dressed to the nines because I was somewhat fashionable. I dressed him in cotton. My take on it was 1) he wasn't a doll and 2) he wasn't having tea with the Queen, he's a baby who should be comfortable. Any time someone tried to put jean outfits on he'd cry because they were too stiff/scratchy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:32 PM
No I dont think its trashy I put whatever I felt like on my kids at any age...as long as they're dressed for weather (and at least match...at least mostly if my dh is dressing our boys lol. He wouldn't dress our daughter for the longest time because he said I'd complain anyway lol) oh and clean not like "oh I've been playing dirty" but "clothes that dont match, stained all to hell and 3 sizes to big" with filthy faces I think is fine for play but when u take them in public at least clean their face and put on clothes that fit
LucyHarper
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:33 PM

No, stiff materials seem more uncomfortable for babies, harder to move and less soft. They make jeans and other kinds of pants that aren't made of a jean material and are softer, kind of like a jeggings material.

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL denim is made from cotton. What a dumbass.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:35 PM
I did sometimes but we are in Texas so I avoided hot materials all spring and summer. Ds just turned 1 a week ago
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amandae21
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I don't think it's trashy. There are plenty of cute outfits that coordinate and have cotton pants. Don't let what other people say bother you!

It's easier to pull off with girls though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mom2ljh:

Yes I did. It wasn't his clothes that were making him uncomfortable.

Do you think it's trashy to dress them in cotton material pants?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)