Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would this annoy you? Teacher assistant related

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:36 PM
  • 15 Replies

Last week we were running late for school, I went to pack my dd's snack and noticed that some applesauce was stuck to the bottom of her lunch box, I figured I would clean it when she got home. When I picked her up I took out the lunch box to clean it and dd said "mrs. so and so said you really need to clean that out" I'm like "she said that to you?" and dd said yes. I'm a little annoyed because she told my dd to tell me what I REALLY need to do. I knew it was there, I was running late, it's just a smidge of applesauce. 

Idk, I'm not usually bothered by little things, it's just the thought that mrs. assistant teacher is informing my kid on what I really need to be doing. 

thoughts?

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ecerka
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:38 PM
I'm just surprised that they even looked in her bag? Wth?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jynnifer292
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, even if she thought it, she should not have said it to your child.

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Sounds like that embarrassed you. I hate that feeling.

MommyChristina1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM
You really need to clean out her lunch box. ;)

She stated the obvious, I wouldn't be to worried about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM

She could have said it differently.  You cannot imagine what some kids bring to school.  They have seen a lot.  Just clean it up and move on.

Irenesmommy
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I'm not so much embarassed as irked that my daughter now goes around telling me "yeah you really need to do this or that". I knew it has some smutz in it I just didn't know that her teaching asst would tell her that I needed to clean it. If it was like that for weeks on end and getting moldy then yeah! I've worked in schools and have seen some grody lunch boxes in my day, never would I ever tell a kid to tell their parent's to clean it.

Irenesmommy
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:16 PM

BUMP!

RLT2
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:18 PM

She could have said it in a joking way, I wouldn't stress about it unless more things are said.

brittani
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Ya that's over stepping a bit. I've had the same thing happen with ds and his lunch bag and no one has ever said anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Irenesmommy
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I'm not overly stressed about it, it just bugged me. I guess it's a gentle reminder that little ears will start bossing me around LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)