Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Foot in mouth

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
Yesterday my daughter had an event for girl scouts with all different troops and their family memebers. At the event my daughter had to do a savgenger hunt with asking the other girls questions such as have you sold more then 100 boxes of cookies or are you a daisy or brownie and so forth. Well one of the questions was to find a girl whoes brother was in boy scouts so i asked what i thought was a brother to one of the girls there if "he" was a boy scout and the lady next to her said thats my daughter!!! How embrassing!! The girl had to be 11-13 boy hair cut, clothes, and had a boy voice. I tried to justify it and say oh sorry i only saw the back of head and saw the short hair (more foot in the mouth), anyone else ever do something like this?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:35 PM
No one else has ever mistaken a boy for a girl or a girl for a boy?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Bump
sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:23 AM
It happened to me with a toddler :( there was this really cute child and I asked "what is hour name sweetie" the mom said "angel" so I said aww that's so cute in a GIRL I've only ever heard it for a boy. The mom gave me the ugliest evil eye and said "he is a boy" I wanted to die. In my defense he had long hair with little curls at the bottom and bangs. He was wearing a white shirt with blue shorts above the knee.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RLT2
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I did at the pool one time. It was a 3-4 yr old little girl, but she looked and was dressed like a boy. She had super short hair (cut that way, not just didn't grow much hair yet) a long sleeve navy blue wet suit shirt and board shorts(again a very dark color)  I was giving out popsicles to any kids who wanted one, and I asked the mom (I didn't want to just give one to a kid I didn't know, allergies ect)  " Excuse me, is it alright if your son has a popsicle?" She just looked at me strangely, and then said That's my DAUGHTER!    Ooops- if there had been ANY question in my mind, I would have said child-but this kid looked like a boy! oh well :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Quoting sweetieiv:

It happened to me with a toddler :( there was this really cute child and I asked "what is hour name sweetie" the mom said "angel" so I said aww that's so cute in a GIRL I've only ever heard it for a boy. The mom gave me the ugliest evil eye and said "he is a boy" I wanted to die. In my defense he had long hair with little curls at the bottom and bangs. He was wearing a white shirt with blue shorts above the knee.

At least it was toddler and not a pre teen :-) i felt bad and then to make matters worse there were a lot of other moms/ troop leaders that heard me say it too. Im not saying all girls should have long hair and wear pink but when your daughter has a boy haircut and has boy shoes and clothes what do you expect.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Quoting RLT2:

I did at the pool one time. It was a 3-4 yr old little girl, but she looked and was dressed like a boy. She had super short hair (cut that way, not just didn't grow much hair yet) a long sleeve navy blue wet suit shirt and board shorts(again a very dark color)  I was giving out popsicles to any kids who wanted one, and I asked the mom (I didn't want to just give one to a kid I didn't know, allergies ect)  " Excuse me, is it alright if your son has a popsicle?" She just looked at me strangely, and then said That's my DAUGHTER!    Ooops- if there had been ANY question in my mind, I would have said child-but this kid looked like a boy! oh well :)

The moms reaction sounds the same as the lady i dealt with.
RLT2
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RLT2:

I felt badly, sort of-but come on, kids that age all kind of look the same body, voice ect-the only thing that truly differentiates them is their clothes and hair. You can't tell me she didn't run into this problem all the time!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:08 AM
lol true

Quoting RLT2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RLT2:

I felt badly, sort of-but come on, kids that age all kind of look the same body, voice ect-the only thing that truly differentiates them is their clothes and hair. You can't tell me she didn't run into this problem all the time!

blondie805
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:16 AM

I'd never do anything like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN