Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dumbest thing your parent ever told you that you actually believed as a child??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 180 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mine has to be when I was about 7. I noticed that My Great-Grandma's sister Dee (My Auntie Dee)was not married and didn't have kids. I asked my dad 

"Dad, Why didn't Auntie Dee get married and have kids?" 

Dad; "because there were not enough men back when she was young, so she didn't get to get married"

I just figured okay and forgot about it

I learned years later, Auntie Dee was a lesbian and lived in a small house behind her sisters house with her girlfriend and had for longer then I was born!! LOL

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.ChiMama.
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:50 PM
6 moms liked this
That tampons would make you lose your virginity.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:52 PM
That there was an evil Santa who'd come kill you if you didn't go to bed Christmas Eve. Now my dad wonders why I hate him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:53 PM
2 moms liked this
When my sister and I were starting first grade we were losing teeth like crazy. My mom would leave us letters from the tooth fairy with "pictures" of her in them. They really brightened our day and I remember looking forward to losing a tooth. Finally when my sister and I were a lot older we remembered that experience and asked our mom where she found the pictures. They were from a fashion magazine of hers and she cut out pictures of a model. I thought it was a cute and creative idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blue_Spiral
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:54 PM

LOL that's funny.

I think the dumbest thing my parents told me as a child that I believed was that god and satan were real.

Once my dad asked my grandma where potatoes come from and she told him "the potato tree, of course!" LOL

L.sands
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:54 PM
3 moms liked this

That being republican is just the best way to live.

Such a dumbass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats funny.  My mom refused to let me use tampons and said I needed to wait till after I got married and had sex.  She said I needed to lose my virginity before I could use tampons.  She didn't say that tampons would do that, just that I needed to wait. 

I didn't wait!  I was 17 before I finally gave them a try and so wished she would have let me use them from my first period.  So much comfortable and cleaner than pads.  I wouldn't have been so self conscience in middle school had I been able to use tampons.

Quoting .ChiMama.:

That tampons would make you lose your virginity.

KarriePlus1
by Karen on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:56 PM
4 moms liked this
My dad told me he was a leprechaun. That's why we could never ever look in his closet, because that's where he kept his gold.
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM
3 moms liked this

My mom has a scar on her eye lid. She always told me that a tiger scratched her. As a kid I believd it. I'm 24 now and she still won't tell me what really happened. Still claims a tiger did it. haha 

MOMby19
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

That the heels of bread are healthier than the rest.

And my great uncle ALWAYS missed Santa coming to my grandma's. I was 7 when I asked why... 9 when I figured out it was because he WAS Santa (I knew right around 7 that he wasn't real. I just didn't put together that someone in the family was playing him. haha).

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:58 PM

My mom told me when I was two and a half or so that my cat shelby had to have tummy surgery to remove cramps in her tummy.

I said ok and when I was like 15 I made a passing reference and was like so what did she eat string or something and have to have it removed?

My mom looked at me and went 'uh she got fixed then'

I felt stupid lol

The other one was that its competely legal to beat your children with electrical extension cords. It is not and was not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)