Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Angry at everything and can't sleep...vent..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

I can't sleep!

I'm broke. No food in the house. 

I moved my family 1700 miles from home a year ago so my Dh could get a better job, and came here to get to know my bio-dad whom I haven't seen/known for 30 years. 

It turns out he's a Narcisist and only cares about himself. All he talks about is dying cuz he has COPD. He puts guilt trips on my two younger sisters if they don't drop everything to go visit him saying things like "I'll be dead soon enough so you won't have to care about me anymore." He makes promises he doesn't keep. My oldest dd's birthday was 2 weeks ago and he didn't have a gift for her because he was broke from "fixing up his camping trailer" but promised that he would have something the following Monday. 

He know's I've been struggling and hasn't offered any help of any kind, but made all kinds of promises after my mom died that if me and the kids moved out here he would help us out when we needed it. 

He never sent birthday gifts or cards to me or my other sister growing up. Never even called!! My two younger sisters are from a second marriage and I am just now getting to know them. I hear horrible stories from them about how when one was learning how to ride a bike without training wheels, she fell off and he started yelling at her for "almost ruining" the new bike and wasting money! Ugh....How can I be related to this man? He says he's not "needy" but then whines about how no one calls or comes over, and yet, he never visits any of us at our homes! He expects everyone to pack up their family and run over to see him, instead of just getting himself into a car and driving to see us! He's so selfish! 

On top of that, I had a tooth pulled on Tuesday, my boss is a pompus, power-tripping ass and my car is on empty! I hate life right now...and need to vent, but being the new kid in town, I have NO ONE to talk to!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:10 AM

sounds like a lot on your shoulders right now.  My Dad died never knowing he had granddaughters.  Change what you can and accept what you cannot.  My half brother still doesnt even know Im married and I plan on keeping it that way.

TurtleSquish
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this

that's awful...you must feel so lonely! I'm sorry, op *hug*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN