Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DONT TELL ME ITS NONE OF MY BUSINESS (SUICIDE)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Bil apparently has been really depressed lately and been having suicidal thoughts. How do I know this..? Sil told me he mentioned it to her. Reasons: parents just went through a divorce, older brother and sister moved out of the house and now have kids and lives of their own, gf dumped him after she found out he was with multiple girls, his dad has a new gf, mom drinks and doesn't have time for him, two of his cousins passed away one from a motorcycle accident and the other a suicide by hanging, almost didn't graduate hs he wasn't able to walk across the stage but he still passed. The list goes on and on.

Anyways, I brought up this conversation to his mother (my mil) and she flat out told me its none of my business, if he didn't directly come to me for help I need to keep my nose out of it. She also told me he's really just acting out because he hates his dads new gf. And she left it at that.

I'm sorry but if someone brings it to my attention that someone else might possibly be suicidal, I think the issue needs to be addressed.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:47 AM
Replies (61-65):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:55 PM
It's ridiculous. Just gonna stand back and watch her son kill himself.

Might as well give him a gun with one bullet. If he pulls the trigger it was his choice. If not than he's cured. No!!!

There's a reason he feels this way and there is also a way to fix the problem

Quoting fostermomoftwo:

sounds like my parents. dont think about it and it will go away i guess is there theory

fostermomoftwo
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:01 PM

ya i try to commit suicide when i was 13, my parents grounded me and told me i didnt need counseling..

Quoting Anonymous:

Might as well give him a gun with one bullet. If he pulls the trigger it was his choice. If not than he's cured. No!!!

Quoting fostermomoftwo:

sounds like my parents. dont think about it and it will go away i guess is there theory

lucky to have the best husband in the world

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:03 PM
That's bs! I don't understand how a parent could be so careless. If you don't mind me asking, why did you want to commit suicide, and what's changed since then? Cause I highly doubt the grounding changed your mind.

Quoting fostermomoftwo:

ya i try to commit suicide when i was 13, my parents grounded me and told me i didnt need counseling..

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting fostermomoftwo:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:10 PM
You are doing the right thing. My sister attempted suicide back in March. When she has the urge to cut she calls me or my husband because she knows we won't judge her. You are part of that family and try your best to help. Thankfully my parents took it seriously and she is now in therapy and on meds for her depression. Don't just sit back and myob like everyone is telling you. My husband just doesn't sit back, my sister is just as much his sister. If my sil was having problems I would be right there helping because we are family blood or not. Good luck.
fostermomoftwo
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I wasnt heard, my parents ignored me completely so i guess i was thinking i was either finally going to get attention or my parents were going to realize how miserable i was. My mom was best friends with my younger sister and my brother was the only boy and supe close with my dad. So i was always ignored, mom always hated me and my dad well he would just walk out of the room when i tried to talk to him about something. My mom would also watch tv when she wasnt working and would ignore us, my dad when he wasnt working 7 days a week was reading a book in his room or taking a nap in his room. My mom taught m to put every issue under the rug, what i can talk about and what i cant talk about. Shes a huge control freak. So of course i got into a marriage (first marriage) where he controlled me, abused me and damaged me big time. I finally realized this and left.

whats different now is that im with my husband who doesnt control me one bit and stands behind me always, i can have an oppinion and not be told to shut up or be shooshed. I can be myself again., its weird and im still working on it, but still to this day my mom still tries to control me., and she doesnt like my hubby cause he wont let her control him, hes not her bitch like she wants. My dad called me stupid the other day, at that moment i realized that thats' not normal, when in the past i wouldve took that in and accepted it where now becaue of my husband i know thats not normal. he is the biggest cheerleader and my biggest fan and its made my self esteem become more on a normal level now, before i hated myself and thought that i could walk into a room and no one would even see me, i was invisible, where as now Im not

Quoting Anonymous:

That's bs! I don't understand how a parent could be so careless. If you don't mind me asking, why did you want to commit suicide, and what's changed since then? Cause I highly doubt the grounding changed your mind.

Quoting fostermomoftwo:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting fostermomoftwo:

lucky to have the best husband in the world

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured