Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is embarrassing....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Please...I already know....don't bash.

I don't know how to vote. 

I'm 21, this is my first year voting, my husband has never voted because he was raised JW, and they don't believe in voting, and I have no contact with my family (long story, not going to waste your time), and I don't have friends, because I don't really like people that much, and I have no idea how to vote, and its all confusing.

Anyone?

ETA: I just don't know where to go to put in my vote. Like is there a special place to go?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:00 AM
Replies (11-18):
.gumdrop.
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:11 AM
You should have got something in the mail telling you where to go. It's separated into districts and you will have a specific spot to go and vote. If you didn't call you county government and ask they will be able to direct you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vamaria
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:14 AM
That is odd that you did not get a card. I'm sorry. Try going to or calling the library near you. They usually have all that info.
Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:17 AM

Call your local Chamber of Commerce.  They will either know or will be able to tell you who/where to call to find out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:19 AM

After a couple different searches. I've been looking it up, but I just can't find anything that says how to do it, all I get is, how to register, kind of stuff, not the actual process of voting, and in Cali, you just need your drivers license and my name should be on a list or something...thats all I got.

Quoting vamaria:

That is odd that you did not get a card. I'm sorry. Try going to or calling the library near you. They usually have all that info.

vamaria
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:21 AM
Sometimes i forget my card and just use my id.
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:23 AM
I'm 25 qnd this is my first time too! I'm doing absentee though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thePBandJmom
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:24 AM

My husband and I are voting in California to. We are mailing our forms tomorrow. Its only my second time voting but at the last presidental election we got a card telling us we were registered and giving us the location of our polling place and its hours. We ended up taking turns because we didn't have a sitter but the polling place was about a 10 minute walk from our house, lol. If you didn't get a card giving you the location of your spot I would call your county and ask.

vamaria
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:27 AM
Yes. When i go in, there are two lines and you select which one to use by the first letter of your last name. (Like, Sandra Baker would be in the A-M line.) Then, they ask for my ID, my full name, and my address. If it matches their list, they hand me a slip that indicates I'm ready to vote, and I stand in another line. When a computer becomes free, the attendant takes my card and directs me to that computer. The computer has huge wings on the side for privacy. I make my selections, confirm my choices, and then i'm done. Then i get an "I voted" sticker and just leave.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)