Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have PPD

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

I'm staying awake a lot longer than i should, its 2am. my baby is almost 4 months old, i love him dearly, but he is pretty high needs... he was born with a tongue tie and had problems eating, we werent able to get it fixed until he was 2 1/2 months old. he was starving all the time and it was very painful, during that time i had to make sure he never cried, because each cry was a calorie, i started sleeping skin to skin so that he wouldnt be cold and only concentrate on growing. i fed him constantly. he only naps if i lay with him in bed.

he is doing better now, but he still will only nap if ilie next to him, and if i dont he screams and screams and screams and gets so overtired he wont sleep and only screams. and the past few days ive been dealing with him screaming jsut because i got up to go to the bathroom.

so right now hes asleep and it is SO nice to just have me time, i dont want to sleep yet. but its 2 am and i know i will get tired but i also know i can squeeze in a nap or two when he naps, if i catch his tiredness in time. if i dont get him to nap in time however he will scream all day.

i'm worried because i have a friend over at 2 tomorrow. i'm hoping this aligns right with his naps.

oh and today, my mother yelled at me for the kitchen not being clean enough and yelling at me for always being stuck in bed with the baby she says its ridiculous and i need to learn how to do other things with the baby and she had 4 kids and could keep the entire house sparking and do laundry and cook and blah blah blah. she says its ridiculous i cant do very much. :(

i'm not gonna lie it mad eme cry A LOT when she said that. i feel like i'm failing as a mother.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
702girly
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:17 AM

Try to ignore the things that people tell you about how they raised their children. I've found that many people suddenly turn into picture perfect parents when their children are grown. My MIL, for instance, claimed that when my husband was a newborn she woke up every morning at 3 a.m. to scrub and wax her floors. Everyone who lived in her home at the time has told me this is utter bullshit.

Besides, even if they were perfect, who gives a shit? Their uppity perfection from years ago isn't going to help you.

Have you talked to your doctor? You don't have to suffer if something is wrong. I suffered for six months after my son was born until I finally broke down in the doctor's office. There is help available and there's no shame in needing it. From what you've written here, it's obvious that you are not failing as a mother.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM

my mother made me feel awful about it tho she said "I bet you if i took your computer from you and you were stuck in bed with the baby without your computer and nothing to do you would find a way to get out of bed nad have him deal with it. this made me so angry. first off she cant fucking take my computer from me, i paid for it, i'm an adult, its mine. i may live with her but that is not somehting she can do and it angers me for her to even suggest that. and also, thats not fucking true. i've had to lie in bed before without my computer while he naps and just stare at the cieling. it frustrates me that she doesnt understand what i'm going through. its just a lot of "well i had 4 kids! thats a lot harder and i did it!"

Quoting 702girly:

Try to ignore the things that people tell you about how they raised their children. I've found that many people suddenly turn into picture perfect parents when their children are grown. My MIL, for instance, claimed that when my husband was a newborn she woke up every morning at 3 a.m. to scrub and wax her floors. Everyone who lived in her home at the time has told me this is utter bullshit.

Besides, even if they were perfect, who gives a shit? Their uppity perfection from years ago isn't going to help you.

Have you talked to your doctor? You don't have to suffer if something is wrong. I suffered for six months after my son was born until I finally broke down in the doctor's office. There is help available and there's no shame in needing it. From what you've written here, it's obvious that you are not failing as a mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)