Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how would you feel if.... *pic pg 20*pg27* UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post
Someone brought a home made gift to your child's birthday party?

We're broke. Our bills are paid, but atm we have nothing for little extras. So, what can I do for the back to back parties this weekend??

I decided to crochet them hats. Both girls are turning 1. I already have the supplies....

I feel bad though... :-/ like they might think I'm cheap or something. One mom won't care- we are good friends and she knows money is tight.. the other? We barely know each other- but our kids get along well. Both moms are in a different tax bracket (to put it simply)

So, would you find it tacky?

*update*
Both moms loved the hats! Thank you ladies for building my confidence on the matter. Because of the overwhelming support, I am now setting up a shop!! Thank you!! ♥
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:13 AM
Replies (221-230):
calleigh0709
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:03 PM
My mom doesn't buy anything for my children. But she has made them blankets and hats as well. As a kid I had a blanket that she made me that she crocheted my name into. My daughter is 2 and sleeps with a crocheted blanket every night. She loves them. Thankfully there are five of them in my house. I would love a gift like that for my child. I wouldn't question if it had anything to do with money. It's a sentimental item to kids. My girls love that their grandma made them something. Especially since it's not something everyone has.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jazzgirl205
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:03 PM
2 moms liked this

A good friend of mine knitted my baby a cap that looked like an eggplant.  She wore it for 2 winters.  This friend, BTW,  is extremely wealthy so money was not an issue.  DD is almost 15 and I still have it.

I lived in an upscale area.  Real ladies don't pick apart and criticize gifts freely given.  I invited children of all ethnic and economic situations to my dd's parties (she didn't make distinctions so why should I?).  She loved the 2 dollar bills shoved in a birthday card just as much as the $25 doll.  It shouldn't matter.

MNDsM
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Sooooo cute, I'm sure they will be thrilled to get such a lovely gift!

Quoting xomrs.chase:

#1 is done!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Thank you !

Quoting MNDsM:

Quoting xomrs.chase:

#1 is done!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brightonsmom12
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
We would be very touched that you put so much into it, when you didn't have to at all! We would be very thankful, and honestly I would keep it for forever most likely. I still have the homemade gifts that were presents that *I* receives from when I was little. And everything my son has received since he was born we have kept.
jb0520
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's so thoughtful and so sweet!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:15 PM

It's the thought that counts and is more meaningful than a store bought gift.

jazzgirl205
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I looks like something rich ladies would buy at an expensive baby boutique.  You have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Thank you !

Quoting MNDsM:

Quoting xomrs.chase:

#1 is done!!!

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Who gets offended by homemade gifts?

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
OMG it's adorable! I love the little ears!

Quoting xomrs.chase:

#1 is done!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN