Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how would you feel if.... *pic pg 20*pg27* UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post
Someone brought a home made gift to your child's birthday party?

We're broke. Our bills are paid, but atm we have nothing for little extras. So, what can I do for the back to back parties this weekend??

I decided to crochet them hats. Both girls are turning 1. I already have the supplies....

I feel bad though... :-/ like they might think I'm cheap or something. One mom won't care- we are good friends and she knows money is tight.. the other? We barely know each other- but our kids get along well. Both moms are in a different tax bracket (to put it simply)

So, would you find it tacky?

*update*
Both moms loved the hats! Thank you ladies for building my confidence on the matter. Because of the overwhelming support, I am now setting up a shop!! Thank you!! ♥
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:13 AM
Replies (11-20):
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:50 AM
1 mom liked this
This makes me feel better. Thank you

Quoting LyTe684:

This!

My DH's old co worker crocheted my son a blanket when he was born. To me that was the best gift, because she made it. I never questioned whether it was because she was broke. Never thought of it until I read this post and he is 6y/o. I still have it in my room where the kids can't destroy it. :)

Quoting MommieBre21:

Awe I would love it! I would also appreciate it a lot more from the fact that YOU made it. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I would love it!

Michellina11234
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this

no I think it is a wonderful idea!!!

lovelove211
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Not at all. I'd think that's sweet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you.
Yeah it does take time. I'm personalizing them too
1. Her nickname is (name) bear, or little bear- so I'm adding little bear ears and a flower.
2. Super girly and loves hats/shoes. I'm putting a ribbon/ bow on hers

Quoting charliebean:

Homemade gifts are my favorite. They show the giver actually put time and thought into the gift, and that means a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allie01
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I think especially for a one year old a homemade hat would be adorable. I love homemade gifts though, they mean a lot to me. We have had many Holidays where I have had to make things for people because we were to broke.

TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I would love it! You took the time out and made my child a gift that they would definitely wear this upcoming winter. It's better then some cheap toy that will be thrown in a toy box and never seen again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MommieBre21:

Awe I would love it! I would also appreciate it a lot more from the fact that YOU made it. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this
If love it to I also don't mind my kids being given used stuff either if its in good shape kids really don't care if the parents care then that's on them not you.
SommerRayne06
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:00 AM
If you have the extra time and supplies maybe you can make them each a scarf to match. I think it is a wonderful idea!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)