Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how would you feel if.... *pic pg 20*pg27* UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post
Someone brought a home made gift to your child's birthday party?

We're broke. Our bills are paid, but atm we have nothing for little extras. So, what can I do for the back to back parties this weekend??

I decided to crochet them hats. Both girls are turning 1. I already have the supplies....

I feel bad though... :-/ like they might think I'm cheap or something. One mom won't care- we are good friends and she knows money is tight.. the other? We barely know each other- but our kids get along well. Both moms are in a different tax bracket (to put it simply)

So, would you find it tacky?

*update*
Both moms loved the hats! Thank you ladies for building my confidence on the matter. Because of the overwhelming support, I am now setting up a shop!! Thank you!! ♥
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:13 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:00 AM
1 mom liked this
If you think about it they'll probably never know you made it unless you tell them.
The in thing right now is crocheted hats & sweaters. I just ordered four for my son from a lady that makes them locally & there's a three week wait because of all the people ordering them.
One is a owl & one a monkey & 2 regulars with pompom tops.
Winters coming so the hats would be more than welcome at my house. And probably any mothers house with a small child.

Have you ever thought of selling some? The shops on pintrest & esty look like they are making big on them right now. Might be a way to make some extra cash?
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:02 AM
2 moms liked this

I would love it. Homemade gifts mean more to me than stuff you can buy off the shelf of a store. Homemade means you think enough of me to spend time making me a gift.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't think it's tacky. I have a friend who always give out cards whatever age my kid is thats how much money is in the card. That is what I do when I am low on money when I go to parties. My son friend just had a birthday I baked her a cake she loved it.
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MommieBre21:

Awe I would love it! I would also appreciate it a lot more from the fact that YOU made it. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it's sweet and remember it's the thought that counts!

ashbrydio
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd love it knowing you made it yourself. If u think the one mom that u barely won't like it then she's a bitch then and doesn't need u to go to her kid's bday party :)

Hope all is well mommy. I think now I'm going to crochet a hat for my unborn son
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetiepye2004
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:08 AM
No, I would find it very thoughtful! And I want to see pictures when you're done!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:10 AM
I love handmade gifts :)
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:17 AM
We will see how much I get done today. I have a 10mo old and I'm working on them like crazy because Dh is off today.

Quoting SommerRayne06:

If you have the extra time and supplies maybe you can make them each a scarf to match. I think it is a wonderful idea!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:19 AM
Besides lines and doilies this is my first big crochet project. I make little plushies out of felt and sell them- but I agree the hats would do better. Since they're going well, I do plan on selling more :)

Thanks!

Quoting Anonymous:

If you think about it they'll probably never know you made it unless you tell them.

The in thing right now is crocheted hats & sweaters. I just ordered four for my son from a lady that makes them locally & there's a three week wait because of all the people ordering them.

One is a owl & one a monkey & 2 regulars with pompom tops.

Winters coming so the hats would be more than welcome at my house. And probably any mothers house with a small child.

Have you ever thought of selling some? The shops on pintrest & esty look like they are making big on them right now. Might be a way to make some extra cash?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured