Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how would you feel if.... *pic pg 20*pg27* UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post
Someone brought a home made gift to your child's birthday party?

We're broke. Our bills are paid, but atm we have nothing for little extras. So, what can I do for the back to back parties this weekend??

I decided to crochet them hats. Both girls are turning 1. I already have the supplies....

I feel bad though... :-/ like they might think I'm cheap or something. One mom won't care- we are good friends and she knows money is tight.. the other? We barely know each other- but our kids get along well. Both moms are in a different tax bracket (to put it simply)

So, would you find it tacky?

*update*
Both moms loved the hats! Thank you ladies for building my confidence on the matter. Because of the overwhelming support, I am now setting up a shop!! Thank you!! ♥
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:13 AM
Replies (31-40):
xomrs.chase
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:22 AM
Thank you.
Yeah she's... well... hmmm....... well we don't hang out outside of the baby(bf) group we go to. Lol mommy politics though- our kids get along well so I put on a smile and so does she.. hahaha

The other mom and I chat often and see each other often. :)

Quoting ashbrydio:

I'd love it knowing you made it yourself. If u think the one mom that u barely won't like it then she's a bitch then and doesn't need u to go to her kid's bday party :)

Hope all is well mommy. I think now I'm going to crochet a hat for my unborn son
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:23 AM
I'll post some :) I'm halfway done with #1

Quoting sweetiepye2004:

No, I would find it very thoughtful! And I want to see pictures when you're done!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashbrydio
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I want to see a picture when your done :) I love to crochet it's fun and passes time

Quoting xomrs.chase:

Thank you.

Yeah she's... well... hmmm....... well we don't hang out outside of the baby(bf) group we go to. Lol mommy politics though- our kids get along well so I put on a smile and so does she.. hahaha

The other mom and I chat often and see each other often. :)

Quoting ashbrydio:

I'd love it knowing you made it yourself. If u think the one mom that u barely won't like it then she's a bitch then and doesn't need u to go to her kid's bday party :)

Hope all is well mommy. I think now I'm going to crochet a hat for my unborn son
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I would find it cute. home made gifts take time to make and that's extra special. 

zmans_mommy
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I personally, LOVE home made gifts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed107
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd appreciate it even more.

cherrywaves21
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:36 AM
I would think its awesome for a child of any age.

Personally if a friend thought it was cheap of me to put time and effort into a gift we might have a problem:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:50 AM
Ageed lol. I just didn't want it to be tacky. Idk. All of you are making me feel better :) thanks

Quoting cherrywaves21:

I would think its awesome for a child of any age.

Personally if a friend thought it was cheap of me to put time and effort into a gift we might have a problem:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baby_girl8807
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this
For my daughter's first birthday a close friend's girlfriend made her banner with my dd's name and precious moments characters. I love it. It's been on the wall ever since. I know it took her forever to make and I greatly appreciate how much thought and effort she put into it. :) My dd is now 5.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meglet1970
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I would love it.  Especially since it is homemade.  Work and time went behind the gift.  What is not to love?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN