Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how would you feel if.... *pic pg 20*pg27* UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post
Someone brought a home made gift to your child's birthday party?

We're broke. Our bills are paid, but atm we have nothing for little extras. So, what can I do for the back to back parties this weekend??

I decided to crochet them hats. Both girls are turning 1. I already have the supplies....

I feel bad though... :-/ like they might think I'm cheap or something. One mom won't care- we are good friends and she knows money is tight.. the other? We barely know each other- but our kids get along well. Both moms are in a different tax bracket (to put it simply)

So, would you find it tacky?

*update*
Both moms loved the hats! Thank you ladies for building my confidence on the matter. Because of the overwhelming support, I am now setting up a shop!! Thank you!! ♥
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:13 AM
Replies (41-50):
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Aww that's cute!

Quoting baby_girl8807:

For my daughter's first birthday a close friend's girlfriend made her banner with my dd's name and precious moments characters. I love it. It's been on the wall ever since. I know it took her forever to make and I greatly appreciate how much thought and effort she put into it. :) My dd is now 5.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I think homemade gifts are great, if they're worth something. Shitty homemade gifts are best left iin the trash. I think the idea of crocheted hats is wonderful for that age.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this
No I'd love it. My grandmother knits and chrochets baby booties to hats to toys to clothes and I give those out as presents all the time.

Any time I, or anyone else in the family, go to a baby shower we bring a pair of handmade baby booties and they are always the talk of the party.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ermka
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it's an awesome idea! Handmade hats are actually a seriously big thing (around here at least) and they're not cheap to purchase. Go for it! I'm sure both moms will love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Awesome idea!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CadincesMom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I think that home made gifts are better than store bought ones because the person put more thought into the gift

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:11 AM

You give what you can, if they are only inviting you to get a gift, are they really worth having a friendship with anyway?

stellarmom1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:12 AM
I think it's an awesome idea! I would much rather have a thoughtful, homemade gift! ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FebPenguins
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this

We have enough plastic made in china crap in our home, thanks very much. Really, great job for staying in your budget (even a no budget)! A great thing to teach your children! And you know as well as I do, they are watching!

Krystle21
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I think home made gifts have more sentiment and are thoughtful. I say go for it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)