Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how would you feel if.... *pic pg 20*pg27* UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post
Someone brought a home made gift to your child's birthday party?

We're broke. Our bills are paid, but atm we have nothing for little extras. So, what can I do for the back to back parties this weekend??

I decided to crochet them hats. Both girls are turning 1. I already have the supplies....

I feel bad though... :-/ like they might think I'm cheap or something. One mom won't care- we are good friends and she knows money is tight.. the other? We barely know each other- but our kids get along well. Both moms are in a different tax bracket (to put it simply)

So, would you find it tacky?

*update*
Both moms loved the hats! Thank you ladies for building my confidence on the matter. Because of the overwhelming support, I am now setting up a shop!! Thank you!! ♥
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:13 AM
Replies (61-70):
Katrina316
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I would love it. It's very thoughtful and you took time to make it. Better than a gift card.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I would think it was a very sweet gift. Even if you brought my child a homemade stick puppet I would be thankful that you got them something.

KristaElizabeth
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
DS godmother hand makes everything and we love it. Shows sentimental value and that you took the time to do the craft and make the gift.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Itzy0ll0tl
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

i would appreciate it MORE than a bough gift :)

fallnangel3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I get TONS of orders for hats! I'm sure they'll love them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
megan71108
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Homemade gifts are sooooo much better..it shows you put thought and time into it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

These are the hats and scarf my Memaw made for Girly. She loves the top two the most.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

These are the hats my grandmother made for monkey. He loves the monkey hat and it looks more adorable on him than in the pic but I don't post pics of the kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeghanPerez
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I adore gifts that people make. A lady who works in my dads office made a beautiful quilt for dd when she was born. She embroidered her name and birthdate on it. It is something I will keep forever. To me, things that are bought don't really have as much thought put into them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Are you kidding? Any homemade gifts we get are loved the best. Time and love went into them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)