Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you stay in your relationship just for the kids?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:45 AM
  • 90 Replies
1 mom liked this
Do you think there is value in staying just for the kids?

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this
No and no
2love
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:46 AM
2 moms liked this
Never
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope. I think its stupid if.people do that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
No, I'm not. If anything, your kids should be your motivation to give your all before throwing in the towel. That's my opinion on the matter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this

No. If it's not there, why stay. You are only doing more harm than good.

amandae21
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm happily married, but DH and I have discussed continuing to live together if things stopped working out. It is important to him to see his kids every day. Also, statistically, single parent families are at a higher risk for a number of things, from kids having ADHD to poverty and many more. Now if he started beating me (which is unlikely after 11yrs of happiness), I wouldn't be able to live with him.

kiddycat73
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I tried for 4 years of my 10 year marriage to keep it together for them. But in the end, his alcoholism had escalated to the point that I feared for our safety, so I finally took them and left. Being in the marriage was causing more damage to them than the divorce did. They were all relieved when I told them we would no longer be living with their dad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:50 AM
Yes that is the only reason I am there
MomLuvsTnkrbell
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this
That is rarely a good idea. I say rarely because some people are fine that way. Most people should run for the hills instead. If you are unhappy, the kids sense it and in turn they are unhappy. Not only that, but kids should see a normal healthy relationship so they can grow up to have them. If they see dysfunction they are going to end up in a bad dysfunctional relationship too. Not worth it. Plus, I want to move on and forward with my life. Not be stuck in a rut feeling sad and hopeless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:52 AM
Quoting amandae21:

I'm happily married, but DH and I have discussed continuing to live together if things stopped working out. It is important to him to see his kids every day. Also, statistically, single parent families are at a higher risk for a number of things, from kids having ADHD to poverty and many more. Now if he started beating me (which is unlikely after 11yrs of happiness), I wouldn't be able to live with him.

Growing up there was a family that the parents were divorced for years and no one including the kids knew. The Dad would come over before the kids got up for school and the Mom would say he worked late at nights

The neighborhood found out when she showed up at a wedding with her boyfriend

I don't think I would still live with my hubby if we got divorced...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)