Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's your job

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm enrolling in school for this spring. I'm 25 with two kids (we want more) and am tired of crappy retail jobs.. I want a real job with a decent income, but I don't know what I want to do. Even in high school, I didn't know what I wanted to be. I'm thinking a teacher or a nurse, but there's cons to both jobs. 

What do you ladies do, do you enjoy it?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Replies (21-30):
my3boys0710
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Cna
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Did you take special classes or just a regular nursing program? I want to do that.

Quoting Caitlin_mommyx3:

I'm a labor and delivery nurse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM
I'm a shift leader in a bowling center. I like it but the pay sucks. I'm also a full time premed student. :-)
RN_713
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:55 AM
I'm a nurse. It's a tough job, but I love it...I wish I had made up my mind sooner to go back to school!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:56 AM
CEO of a cemetery. I don't love it but I don't hate it either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:56 AM

What grade (I'm considering Early Childhood, Pre-k-5th), and how long are you in school for?

Quoting SweetPea2004:

I am in school to be a teacher.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:56 AM

I've consdiered that, but it's not on top of my list. How did you get into that profession and what do you have to do to become one (school, courses, etc)?

Quoting MomsJrHaxs:

I'm a realtor, mainly specializing in property management. I LOVE  it because no two days are ever the same. Not to mention the fact that homes, and architecture are an obsession of mine, I love approaching a house for the first time and wondering what it will be like inside!    ;+). I also love being a MOM, my hubby pays me well........

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:57 AM
A legal assistant to an attorney. Helps with research and such. 2yrs for associate degree. You can go 4yrs and get a bachelors also.

Quoting Anonymous:

What is a paralegal? What do you do and how long were you in school?

Quoting Anonymous:

Paralegal

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm a bank teller. LOVE IT.

maureen813
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Think much more about a career in the medical field...like an ultra sound technician. It was voted one of the top twenty positions, starting salary is close to 45,0000 per year and the training includes an eighteen month program. My co-workers step daughter loves the flexible schedule and pay and benefits are fantastic. She just had her first baby in May and she was in a position to move to a part time schedule on weekends so there are no daycare costs as her husband and mother watch the baby. It us a very competitive program but I would look into it. I am a clinical therapist working with children and family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)