Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's your job

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm enrolling in school for this spring. I'm 25 with two kids (we want more) and am tired of crappy retail jobs.. I want a real job with a decent income, but I don't know what I want to do. Even in high school, I didn't know what I wanted to be. I'm thinking a teacher or a nurse, but there's cons to both jobs. 

What do you ladies do, do you enjoy it?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

A legal assistant to an attorney. Helps with research and such. 2yrs for associate degree. You can go 4yrs and get a bachelors also.

Quoting Anonymous:

What is a paralegal? What do you do and how long were you in school?

Quoting Anonymous:

Paralegal

jucyfrut
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Rural Mail Carrier.
Love my job, although tomorrow, I might be grumbling a little.
No mail goes today, so that means 3 days worth of mail going out tomorrow. We start at 6:30, and will be lucky to be done by 6:30, tomorrow night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I worked as a teller for a few months back when I was pregnant with my youngest, almost 6 years ago. I hated it, but at the time I was very stressed out. I've considered trying it again, but I don't think I want to because I may hate it again.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a bank teller. LOVE IT.

NoahandEliza
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:00 AM
I worked for a publishing company previously. Love, love, loved it. I'm an avid reader, so I just took my hobby and made it my career.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:00 AM

I haven't considered ultra-sound tech. Thanks!

Quoting maureen813:

Think much more about a career in the medical field...like an ultra sound technician. It was voted one of the top twenty positions, starting salary is close to 45,0000 per year and the training includes an eighteen month program. My co-workers step daughter loves the flexible schedule and pay and benefits are fantastic. She just had her first baby in May and she was in a position to move to a part time schedule on weekends so there are no daycare costs as her husband and mother watch the baby. It us a very competitive program but I would look into it. I am a clinical therapist working with children and family. I am a clinical therapist working for a large community based mental health agency with children and families.

April620
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Nanny
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skyelyns_mommie
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Well I've had a few jobs but right now I work pt at a mointer tech for a heart unit and prn as a pca. I don't love either job though. I'm also on nurseing school and when I'm done I want to work on L&D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cammy002
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:01 AM

i am a computer technician and loved my job, now i am stuch at home until this kid gets out. at lease i have time to study more and improve myself for my next job.

CafeMom Tickersand still no baby

SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

My degree will be 4th-8th Reading, Language Arts and Social Studies, I really can't teach younger then that. I am a senior but after this semester I have three left, two field blocks and one student teaching.
CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Really? I find it way less stressful than my last job. I managed a restaurant. But I make half of what I used to.... I've been offered 2 restaurant jobs since taking the teller job 5 months ago. Been thinking about taking it. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I worked as a teller for a few months back when I was pregnant with my youngest, almost 6 years ago. I hated it, but at the time I was very stressed out. I've considered trying it again, but I don't think I want to because I may hate it again.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a bank teller. LOVE IT.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)