I finally got a call back from a really great school to be a developmental speech therapist and councelor and I am so excited! It won't pay that well the first year but it wil be worth it later on.
Downside: our son is due late this December and I wanted to spend the first year with him (i was going to be a SAHM days and when DH got home, got to classes for my masters). I cannot afford the child care center I will be working at (it's $250 per child per week!) So he would still wind up in day care, which is what I was trying to avoid for his first year and practically all I wil be making will go to the cost of day care.
My choices seem to be: stay at home with DS like I want, work on my masters and part-time as a waitress (i don't *have*to work but I would be a big help).
Take the dream job but give up all the quality time with DS and (how I see it, call me wrong if you like) basically have someone else raise my child. Make a small check and use well over half of it for him to go to a good day care and still not have him.
I wanted to feed on demand and such.
Sigh, like I said, they called this morning so I need to talk to DH about it first but this is just the way I see it. What would you do?
P.S. The reason I was ONLY looking at centers with a newbirn/infant center is so I could still have DS with me if I did go back to work right off. I didn't think leaving him would be this hard of a decision since moms go back to work after babies all the time!
(sorry for any mistakes, I'm on my phone and it doesnt let me go back and edit very easily)