Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When tattlers become adults....

Posted by   + Show Post
So that's the problem with this litigious society. And all the CPS happy freaks.

Parents, it's important to stop this at a young age so your child doesn't become a douche bag.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Replies (31-38):
Sheryllinn
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:54 AM
I've actually never seen a cafe mom post regarding tattling.

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:57 AM
5. Lol. I do the same

Quoting NoahandEliza:

How old? Ds went through it when he was about 5. If it wasn't something serious, I just ignored him or told him to go cry in his room until he could act right.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm trying to get my crybaby out of the crybaby stage before she become an adult! Yet, I have gotten no clue as how to stop it yet.

TarantulaTress
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
And that's why the system is so clogged. I'd rather people knew the difference between abuse and parenting. CPS would be able to better serve kids who actually need it instead of wasting time on unfounded cases busy-body moms reported. "Omg! I never would have sent my child to school with a sandwich! That poor thing must be abused/neglected!" Extreme example, but you get my point.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would rather 1,000 false reports be investigated than one not be reported.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sheryllinn
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! I love bathing babies in the kitchen sink! My lil man is one now and almost has out grown it though :( it's a good reason to keep your sink clean and sooooo much better on the back too lol. Sigh, no more babies bathed in the kitchen sink :( another depressing thing about babys turning one

Quoting almondpigeon:

I have nothing to add...I just wanted to say that I love your pic!  Seeing a baby take a bath in the kitchen sink always makes me smile :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sheryllinn
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Very true, my brother recently reported two of my siblings because he got pissed at them. Such a mess

Quoting TarantulaTress:

And that's why the system is so clogged. I'd rather people knew the difference between abuse and parenting. CPS would be able to better serve kids who actually need it instead of wasting time on unfounded cases busy-body moms reported. "Omg! I never would have sent my child to school with a sandwich! That poor thing must be abused/neglected!" Extreme example, but you get my point.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would rather 1,000 false reports be investigated than one not be reported.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

there has to be a balance, its not OK, if its something stupid or unimportant, but you should teach your kids, to learn how to difference the REALLY important things, like other kid is playing with a knife, a gun.. what ever... you cant generalize the subject and expect people to jump into that extreme with you.

Parenting is about teaching kids to do what is right.. sometimes telling is the right thing to do.

MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:40 AM
I follow the same rule I teach my kids; is someone going to get hurt? If not, then MYOB.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RLT2
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

In our house lets say a kid says 'Mom, he's staring at me!!' they get into trouble, it's something stupid. Now if (for some reason) one said 'Mom, he's playing with a knife' then the child that tattles is thanked & the chilld playing with the knife gets into trouble. OP, if you saw a mom beating their child bloody, you wouldn't do something about it? How would you feel if, the next day, you found out that mother beat her child to death & you could have prevented it? I agree, some moms are CPS stupid on here, but some aren't.

This   And I expect my children to be responsible for their own judgement. How are they supposed to learn to distinguish right from wrong, if they are encouraged to always tell or always not tell. I want them to start realizing serious vs petty offenses on their own. That way, they don't become that douchebag tattletale kid OR the kid who never steps in when someone's in danger/trouble.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)