Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When tattlers become adults....

Posted by   + Show Post
So that's the problem with this litigious society. And all the CPS happy freaks.

Parents, it's important to stop this at a young age so your child doesn't become a douche bag.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:10 AM
I would rather 1,000 false reports be investigated than one not be reported.
Kellileanne
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:13 AM

My husband grew up a tattletale but always tried to get out of getting in trouble himself.  He is still the same way, gets pissed off at anyone who does wrong/against regulations but if he can get away with something he will do it.

NoahandEliza
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:15 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't think people are getting your point. Tattling implies (to me) that a kid is oversensitive and whining about stupid crap. That child then grows up to call cps because, say, the neighbor's 10 year old is playing outside by himself. No one's saying to ignore the mother beating the shit out of her kid in the parking lot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:18 AM

some posts need to be reported. Sorry, but if a mom is saying she wants to MURDER her children... someone needs to step in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:20 AM

I believe that teaching kids NOT to tattle ends up with those people on TV who say that they saw little Katie with bruises but never did anything. You know, the neighbors and teachers who are more than happy to talk to TV reporters AFTER the kid is dead, but who never call anyone while the kid can still be saved. And the guy who helps his friend hide the body but who never actually killed anyone, and gets charged with accessory after the fact.

I don't teach my kids not to tattle. At this age they'd kill each other if I left it up to them to solve their own problems, but also, I don't trust kids to decide what's small stuff and what's important enough to tell Mom about.  It's irritating to be told about every little thing, it would be much more convenient for me if I taught them not to tattle. But it's not about me, it's about raising them. And I don't want to end up with a witness on the stand testifying that he didn't want to snitch. If you see someone doing something bad, or if someone is in danger, you tell someone. Yes, even if that's an unpopular move.

Sheryllinn
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Exactly!!!! There's a difference between tattling and reporting. One is trying to get some one in trouble and the latter is trying to protect someone. I keep communications open with my kids, but children should be taught to deal with a small problem they have with someone else by getting over it or talking it out. I'm not talking about not reporting a bitch stabbing her kids. Geez, some people. And I guess it further proves my point of some adults apparently not knowing the difference.

Quoting NoahandEliza:

I don't think people are getting your point. Tattling implies (to me) that a kid is oversensitive and whining about stupid crap. That child then grows up to call cps because, say, the neighbor's 10 year old is playing outside by himself. No one's saying to ignore the mother beating the shit out of her kid in the parking lot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:39 AM

There's a difference between ''telling'' when someone's doing something mean and/or dangerous and when someone's doing something that's just wrong.

fallenangel_353
by Nikki on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:39 AM
I think the better solution would be to teach our children the difference... Like when one should tattle and when one shouldn't. They need to be able to identify a situation of when it is OK to *tattle*, and when to let something go.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sheryllinn
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:43 AM
So true! Our children are capable of developing complex thought processes if we allow them to do it.

Quoting fallenangel_353:

I think the better solution would be to teach our children the difference... Like when one should tattle and when one shouldn't. They need to be able to identify a situation of when it is OK to *tattle*, and when to let something go.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:44 AM
I'm trying to get my crybaby out of the crybaby stage before she become an adult! Yet, I have gotten no clue as how to stop it yet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN