Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When tattlers become adults....

Posted by   + Show Post
So that's the problem with this litigious society. And all the CPS happy freaks.

Parents, it's important to stop this at a young age so your child doesn't become a douche bag.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:45 AM
Of all the cps people I know they call because they are pissed about something stupid. I would never call them......I just mind my own business. That is where the world went wrong! Too many damn nosey people!
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:46 AM
All if the douche bags I know don't tattle; they're just arrogant SOB's who really don't give a crap about anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sheryllinn
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:47 AM
I know! My kids are a sensitive bunch. My one yr old doesn't give a crap about anything yet lol thank goodness

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm trying to get my crybaby out of the crybaby stage before she become an adult! Yet, I have gotten no clue as how to stop it yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoahandEliza
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:49 AM
How old? Ds went through it when he was about 5. If it wasn't something serious, I just ignored him or told him to go cry in his room until he could act right.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm trying to get my crybaby out of the crybaby stage before she become an adult! Yet, I have gotten no clue as how to stop it yet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sheryllinn
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Lol it was the only term that came to mind at the time. I wonder who was the first person to refer to someone else as a vaginal washing bag lol

Quoting MistyMoo:

All if the douche bags I know don't tattle; they're just arrogant SOB's who really don't give a crap about anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:52 AM
lol I don't know, but its my go to word when someone is being a jerk :).. With the exception of kids, of course.
Quoting Sheryllinn:

Lol it was the only term that came to mind at the time. I wonder who was the first person to refer to someone else as a vaginal washing bag lol

Quoting MistyMoo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:52 AM

We have a tattle tale at work. He tattles on EVERYTHING. Oh, you took a drink of pop when you were on the clock? Tattles since we aren't allowed to have them on the sales floor or at our registers.

Have your phone on you? Another tattles because according to "the rules" we aren't supposed to but my boss doesn't care as long as we don't yap on it on the clock.

He's fucking annoying.

Kmary
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree entirely, OP.  Obviously, if it's something egregious, one needs to speak up.  But the problem is that everyone's idea of what's right and wrong is different. 

Perfect example on CM yesterday:  a woman made a post about letting her 10 year old walk half a mile home by himself from a church function.  I, personally, thought it was wonderful.  In my opinion, in a normal town with average to low crime, a 10 year old is more than capable of getting home a half mile on his own.  Not only do I think it's safe, but I also think it's a great maturing/confidence building exercise.  I would do the same in a heartbeat.  But I'm aware that MANY parents these days don't agree with that.  Some of them may even want to call CPS on that mom.  But she wasn't being neglectful in any way.  It was close to home, the son knew the way, it was daylight, he had a cell phone, knew not to talk to strangers, etc.  She made a conscious decision that might be different from yours.  Does she deserve to get into trouble for neglect?  Not in my opinion.   No way.  But many others feel differenttly. And that's where all the CPS-crazy, vigilante moms become a problem.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I have nothing to add...I just wanted to say that I love your pic!  Seeing a baby take a bath in the kitchen sink always makes me smile :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN